Thread: TS-9 manufacture date?

Post Thanks / Like

Default TS-9 manufacture date?

I have an old TS-9...from around the early 80s...which I bought from a local music store.
    Never really used it that much, because I was chasing a different tone back then. Not knowing much about pedals, I was hoping it would turn my solid state Peavey into Marshall stack mayhem... lol!!!!

Still going strong, sounds great.

With a serial #, is it possible to obtain a more precise date of manufacture?

Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950 View Post
    I have an old TS-9...from around the early 80s...which I bought from a local music store.
    Never really used it that much, because I was chasing a different tone back then. Not knowing much about pedals, I was hoping it would turn my solid state Peavey into Marshall stack mayhem... lol!!!!

Still going strong, sounds great.

With a serial #, is it possible to obtain a more precise date of manufacture?

Just curious.
    I'm on my way toward answering my own question, thanks to some cool info from "analogman", so I figured I'd share in case others are interested in tubescreamers....

http://www.analogman.com/tshist.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I'm unsure if he has the dates right for the TS9. I Hit the road in1981 and had been using one at least a year prior. I was working in a music store and bought my TS9 there. I'm going to say I got mine in 1979, possibly 1980. I did have Analog Man do a mod on it in 2004.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like