Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The grab & go pedal board

Thread: The grab & go pedal board

Post Thanks / Like

Default The grab & go pedal board

Finally organized what had been a mess of pedals, cables and power supplies. Wanted a small board for a few essential grab & go pedals for jams and gigs.

Went with the Pedaltrain Jr, Voodoo Lab PP2+, and a Bullet Cable Slug Connector Kit.

Pedaltrain and the power supply are pretty straightforward. Solid stuff. Not much more to say.

There was a fair amount of frustration with the cable kit. The cables look slick, the connectors are sharp, and I love the idea of made-to-measure solderless patch cables. I had to re-do nearly every cable I made. Your cuts must be very clean and very straight. A sharp razor works best. NO WIRE CUTTERS, because they will distort the shape of the cable ends. And there is a spike inside the connector which must penetrate the cable. Again, if it's just a little off...no go. It was a PITA til I got the hang of it.

Oh, incidentally, I talked in an earlier thread about a clean boost. I Went with the Xotic EP Boost, and it sounds absolutely fantastic.
    I'm going to leave the Carbon Copy in the amp's loop, where it sounds best to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice board. I had similar issues with Bill Lawrence cables years ago and have avoided solderless cables ever since. OTOH patch cables on a board don't get stressed much once it's all wired up.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty slick. I have ADD when it comes to pedals and am considering a pedal diet -- going down to no more than 2 for a while. But I do like seeing how other people use them, and that looks like a good setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner