Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Lexicon LXP-1

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought a Lexicon LXP-1

I'm eBaying a lot lately... last acquisition - an old but classy Lexicon reverb called LXP-1. It's pretty old but of very good quality. Older hardware can nowadays be found for a good price used, especially on eBay. .

I am gonna enjoy my Hellhound with some good reverb now! Plus I can use it for other things like recording and PA reverb if ever needed. Good stuff!

I hope to get it before Christmas since mail is slow these days across border, but we'll see.

Plus it's my birfday so I need to buy myself presents, right?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Robert let me know how quiet it is when you get it. Choruses and Delays and Reverbs can get hissy but if you're gonna run that puppy into an effects loop you should be good to go. Let me know.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Robert I am also interested in finding a good reverb.
    I hope that you'll be satisfied with the LXP-1.

Please inform as when you get it and post some clips

By the way, how much did you buy it?
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb II, Tech21 TM30
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:
    http://www.blackframe.gr

Personal Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Post Thanks / Like

$113 I think it was. They used to be many hundreds of dollars 10 years ago.

Hey, I think I bought a vintage reverb unit! I shoulda posted this in the vintage forum !

I am intending to use it in the effects loop of my Hellhound.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    $113 I think it was. They used to be many hundreds of dollars 10 years ago.
    G.A.S. strikes again...
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Post Thanks / Like

I used one in the house PA system for many years at the #1 apres' ski club in the country. No visiting engineers ever complained about the reverb...ever. You made a good buy with the Lexi. Just don't put your candles on it or you'll burn the house down.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Lexicon reverb
    Is it the version with midi?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it has midi.

Post Thanks / Like

Midi on effects units are really useful. You can often control delay times & amount of reverb and so on with a expression or controller pedal. Its also handy to have a midi board if you have several midi capable units, that way you can use your rack gear more efficient when you are on stage, just stomp on the floor controller and change effects/settings on the fly.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

The Lexicon showed up today! Yay! I am gonna try it out later tonight when I get home. The unit is dirty and stinky... the guy must a been a smoker. As long as it sounds good I don't care, but I will try and clean it with a soft cloth...

Guess what? My Lava cables came too! Yay! And boy, do they ever look like quality! I hope they sound half as good as they look!

This day is better than Christmas for me! I'll report back once I have something to tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh baby, I played with the Lexicon last night! Wow, it's really sweet!

I videotaped myself playing it yesterday so you guys can hear it. I'll try and get it online tonight. It's a very nice reverb, I almost wet myself playing last night.

It's easy to use to, just select the kind of reverb and set the mix and input/output level knobs to preference.

The only issue was scratchy pots. I suspect the unit hasn't been used for a while. I turned the pots back and forth vigorously and it helped. I wonder what kind of pots are in there - probably no mass produced pots I could get from a guitar store, eh? I guess I could also try some sort of spray? VDM, I bet you know this kind of stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news Robert !!!
    I am anxious to see/hear your clip.

Did you connect it using your amp's effects loop?
    MY GEAR:
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

The only issue was scratchy pots. I suspect the unit hasn't been used for a while. I turned the pots back and forth vigorously and it helped. I wonder what kind of pots are in there - probably no mass produced pots I could get from a guitar store, eh? I guess I could also try some sort of spray? VDM, I bet you know this kind of stuff!
    Yep, a spray should help lubricate them for awhile. The pots will need to be replaced sooner or later.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used an audio/video eq. grade contact cleaner on scratchy pots with success. Won't harm any plastics/finishes or the like.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am using it through the effects loop on my Hellhound. The scratchy pot makes a loud pop in the speaker, so I'm afraid it might hurt the speaker.

Where do I get such cleaner, Ted?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a video clip - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-28.php

Let me know what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

Robert your an awsome player!!!

I think that you are the person that help the Squier 51 sales increase...

After that video I think that the Lexicon LXP-1 will start getting overpriced on ebay
    MY GEAR:
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:

Personal Myspace:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video Robert. You can use a little vinegar and water on a cloth to remove the smell. It actually works.

Post Thanks / Like

Steller as usual Robert.
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast