Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Have you tried the new TUSQ picks? I have...

Thread: Have you tried the new TUSQ picks? I have...

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Have you tried the new TUSQ picks? I have...

I couldn't stand not knowing....so I bought a couple of packs just to see what they're like. First let me say, they
    are a little more expensive than regular picks. The cost is 6 for $4.95. I bought two packs. One pack of .88mm
    picks and one pack of 1.00mm picks. One pack was white and one pack was black.

The first thing that struck me about the picks is that they are light! Yes, I know ALL picks are light, but I'm talking
    paper light....as in almost nothing. The second thing you notice, if you're like me anyway, is that when you juggle
    several of these picks in your hand they clink! Almost as if they were made out of ceramic....or glass...or something.
    I don't think they are, they're supposed to be made out of the same thing that the nuts are made out of. I didn't try
    to break one because, well, hey....they cost $1.00 each almost. As far as playability, I haven't used one long enough
    to notice any real difference. In other words, I doubt you'll notice a difference right off the bat. But I suppose
    anything is possible.

Conclusion: Based entirely on MHO, just another clever marketing ploy to get our money. Nothing new to see
    here, move along....

http://www.samash.com/p/Graph%20Tech...0088mm_1868526

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried V Picks and can you make a comparison between the two?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used V-picks exclusively for 2+ years. I've tried others every once in a while just for the hell of it. But
    I always come back to V-picks. Nothing else competes, however....these do come close.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good to hear. I love V Picks too but the price...well, you know.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the Tusq picks, but I think the black Tusq nuts have a bit of Teflon in then. I'd be curious to try them. I was hooked on V-Picks for a while, also made some similar ones from a take off motorcycle helmet face shield. They were great. because the face shield was curved the picks had a very slight curve to them as well. Lately I've been using Dunlop Ultem picks and like them a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tried Dunlop Ultex Jazz III's and haven't played the various V-picks since.