Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Can you tell which song i am working on?

Thread: Can you tell which song i am working on?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can you tell which song i am working on?

Click the pic to view the vid!

Post Thanks / Like

A bad version of here comes the sun ? , bettter of playing this with a capo at the 7th fret and using the old Harrison trick with a D chord.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you are woodshedding Here Comes the Sun. You appear to be in the early stages as your timing and tempo are way, way off, but the notes seem right, so it's just a matter of getting the muscle memory for the notes, then you can work on the timing/dynamics.

What is "the old Harrison trick with the D Chord"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    Sounds like you are woodshedding Here Comes the Sun. You appear to be in the early stages as your timing and tempo are way, way off, but the notes seem right, so it's just a matter of getting the muscle memory for the notes, then you can work on the timing/dynamics.

Yes i think I am playing it way too fast.At least the notes are such that you can readily identify what I am trying to play so at least its a start!.

Post Thanks / Like

How about this one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The song sounds familiar. I think you have the chops, but you need to work on timing. You need to:

A. Get a metronome and figure out how to play with it; or
    B. Get with a group of people and play. A band would be ideal. But a drummer or bass player would suffice. Play with them. Whenever you can.

I chose the latter, but the former will work too.

Also, consider uploading your vids to youtube, then you can easily share them in a thread. I think you are better player than I am, but you need to work on timing. This is something we all struggle with, and by no means am I even competent, but playing with people, no matter what the situation is more fullfilling than playing alone (IMHO). Here's some examples of my lame *** playing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post

Here comes the sun, if i needed someone, Badge were all composed using the D chord, which George loved to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitartango View Post
    Here comes the sun, if i needed someone, Badge were all composed using the D chord, which George loved to use.
    Yup, D shapes are very jangly and give an instantly bright ringing tone. The scale falls nicely to hand too making it simple to make your rhythm parts sound melodic. A trick that us folk-rockers use a lot for major tunes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!