Thread: Fender Super Reverb whining noise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender Super Reverb whining noise

Ive got a reissue Fender Super Reverb and it started making this nasty whining noise and the signal completely cuts out. the volume has no control over the sound and the sound will happen without anything plugged into the amp. I've tried to switch out the power tubes and I still get the sound. Has anyone had this problem or have any thoughts on this? I was able to make the sound go away for almost 2 weeks by pulling the tubes and putting deoxit on the connections. But tonight it came back and I couldn't get rid of it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

No expert but this could be a bad tube or some sort of bad connection. It may need some loving care.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very similar to the issue I just had with my Valve Senior. A high-pitched whining noise, a bit like feedback, regardless of volume and with nothing plugged into the amp. I returned mine (under warranty etc) and the tech immediately identified the problem as a 'noisy' tube. He swapped one of the preamp tubes and now it's all perfecto. I don't know enough to say whether it's the same issue with yours, but it does sound similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, tubes is my first thought too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.