Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looper Pedal/Importing External files

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I agree. Personally I think GAS is going to hit the Fret Net with a major epidemic in a few days. There will be no mercy and no antidote, or short-term recovery. We must help each other through these times of necessity and passion. We only have each other to rely on. No one else understands our needs.

Look at poor SuperSwede. GAS has already hit with devastation. We all need GAS counseling to make it through the holidays and sales that will be thrown in our faces. Dang man, I’m getting depressed!!!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanna buy something. Even if it's not a guitar. I'm thinking of tuner pedals at the moment.....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

i'm ordering a set of jj tubes for the classic 20 for my kids to give me....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I am not even going there Warren. Just make sure you don't make them pancakes on Christmas morning!
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    I too am finally finished shopping for my wife. I usually am out there last minute also. It's funny because after getting the looper from her and the kids I guess subconsciously I wanted to get her gifts right away too. haha

I'm getting antsy now because everyday I come here and people are getting early Christmas presents of nice guitars. I need to buy something!
    Go get the 60th Strat, go buy the Strat, go buy the Strat. (just kidding, stick to your discipline unless you are really right with the purchase).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Go get the 60th Strat, go buy the Strat, go buy the Strat. (just kidding, stick to your discipline unless you are really right with the purchase).
    I'll bide my time. I am a rock.

Sometimes.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I am not even going there Warren. Just make sure you don't make them pancakes on Christmas morning!
    hey the kids love my pancakes...and they have heard the story and thought it was hilarious....they asked me if they could tell their friends of course i said no!!

I am told the jj tubes will really make a difference in the classic 20...gonna order a matched set from eurotubes!

I would also like another maple necked guitar but i'm gonna wait till i find the perfect one for me....i have been looking at reverand guitars...they seem pretty cool.

I also want a new (to me) apple powerbook....a looper pedal....and....and....and....

i KNEW i SHOULD have been a good boy this year....oh well....there's always next year!!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    hey the kids love my pancakes...and they have heard the story and thought it was hilarious....they asked me if they could tell their friends of course i said no!!

ww
    And you really think they listened. I would not be surprise if it were not already in the Orlando newspaper.

Breaking News Flash!!

Strange Fret Net guitar player seen through window serving pancakes in the nude. Neighbors fear the neighborhood is turning into a nudist colony.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

i wondered what that crowd of soccer moms have been doing hanging out on the sidewalk in front of my house!!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i wondered what that crowd of soccer moms have been doing hanging out on the sidewalk in front of my house!!

ww
    Crowd of soccer moms. LMAO

Alright I had to buy a slightly used Boss TU-2 tuner pedal. Got a pretty good deal on it. 50% off. Never having a tuner pedal I have to say it's really neat. Spud I finally broke down and bought a Boss PSA 120T. Now I just need that daisy chain setup you showed me. I got one from the store but it's not all linked like the one you told me about so that goes back.

Tim- guess what...I still haven't tried the importing yet. I will though as soon as this DVD is over.

Post Thanks / Like

Tone, so why not buy a maple neck strat eh? T I N T E D M A P L E...mmmm maple.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Tone, so why not buy a maple neck strat eh? T I N T E D M A P L E...mmmm maple.
    Dude I've love to have T I N T E D M A P L E all over the place but I need to finish (or start) my studio room. Come help me.

Post Thanks / Like

i would love to come help you....wish i had the time. I had a blast doing our music room!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Tone, I know that your studio will be as awesome as your Les Paul Studio! Pick up that hammer and start building asap!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Swede. After the holidays and ground freeze I gotta start digging the footings.

Warren - Man I wish you could help me plan the room decor! Imagine the empty beer bottles we'd collect all over the place while we consulted!

Post Thanks / Like

I came across this site which has different patterns of acoustic and electric guitar loops to use with different loop pedals. Click on the three guitars on the right under "Guitar Loops"

http://www.guitarnotes.com/links/rgo...ank=2.0&rnum=0

I have one question about migrating one of these guitar loops and importing it into a RC-2 with the built-in guide drum loops. Do you set the guide drum loop first and then import the guitar loop, or do you import the guitar loop then set the guide drum loop? I believe there is a benefit to do one first, but I am not sure which is the best practice.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Hey Tim,

The manual says to put the mode knob on Auto. The pedal is supposed to receive a signal from the input of the mini cable and will automatically start recording when it senses a signal coming in. I tried this and it never started recording. The playback from the iPod was real weak....you could barely hear anything which is why the reasoning behind the cable with resistors makes sense. In the troubleshooting part of the manual it does mention a low audible audio signal being the culprit for a cable with resistors. Hmmmmm

I think I'll email Boss directly.
    Tim: Thanks for the link. I will try it for my RC20XL. As to the above, I had the same problem trying to import an Oldguy BT I had on my iPod. Volume way low, etc. The fix on the RC20XL was to switch the mode button input to "normal" rather than lighting up the instrument and mic light. Then it did not matter whether my guitar cable was plugged in or not. Imported just fine, then I saved it. I think I used auto start, but I know on another track, I just it the record button on the pedal and play button on the iPod at the same time. Pretty amazing what you can do! Now I can jam along virtually with a guy in Canada in the privacy of my own home.

P.S. did you ever get your guide drum loop question answered or figure it out? I would like to know how to handle that too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

......I've yet to try importing loops from my iPod. It's been since when...my birfday? I also haven't tested out whatever it was tOt wanted me to test out.....

I did manage to record about 5 loops though with drums bass and rhythm guitar right after I got it. Of course I haven't done any more than that since then though....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The iPod thing works great!! I tend to download here, load onto the iPod via iTunes, bring it home, and there you go. The home computer has no space for screaming solos from amphs on its hard drive. The iPod solves that for me. Now, I might like to trade my aging iPod for your talent on drums, bass and rhythm guitar if you are interested!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast