Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looper Pedal/Importing External files

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looper Pedal/Importing External files

Doods,

Anyone tried plugging in a CD player or MP3 player into their unit yet? I tried it with 2 different 1/8" mini stereo cables and it didn't work. The manual for the RC-2 says to use a cable that doesn't have resistors........mmm ok. What do you mean doesn't have resistors! I didn't know some cables HAD resistors!

Maybe I should try a mono to mono cable instead? Or ask about a "resistorless" cable? Anyone have any luck doing this on theirs?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Tone - I am with you on the resister-less cable. I have not tried the CD/MP3 upload, but will try tonight. I remember something about making sure the MODE knob is on the right setting (auto, circle/triangle, note). I can not recall exactly which one it said.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tim,

The manual says to put the mode knob on Auto. The pedal is supposed to receive a signal from the input of the mini cable and will automatically start recording when it senses a signal coming in. I tried this and it never started recording. The playback from the iPod was real weak....you could barely hear anything which is why the reasoning behind the cable with resistors makes sense. In the troubleshooting part of the manual it does mention a low audible audio signal being the culprit for a cable with resistors. Hmmmmm

I think I'll email Boss directly.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try to turn up the volume on the iPod? This will give you a stronger signal to the Looper.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Did you try to turn up the volume on the iPod? This will give you a stronger signal to the Looper.
    Yup tried that. Also turned up the guide volume too and signal was barely audible. You can't email Boss directly to ask them something grrrrrr. I'll have to call. I'm not a phone person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Yup tried that. Also turned up the guide volume too and signal was barely audible. You can't email Boss directly to ask them something grrrrrr. I'll have to call. I'm not a phone person.
    you might have better luck trying to find boss forums or ask your question on thegearpage.net....bet someone there knows

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    you might have better luck trying to find boss forums or ask your question on thegearpage.net....bet someone there knows

ww
    Good idea Warren I'll try that. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Tone - Well my computer speakers have a headphone jack. I think I might try that method first. I know that the signal from the amplified speakers will be strong enough to set off the "auto" function on the looper. Hopefully Windows Media Player will play the MP3 correctly to trigger the RC-2.

Where you try to load a drum loop or backing track?

When you find the Boss forum, let meknow where it is.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Tim - I loaded the files I sent you from the CD onto my iPod and tried importing them that way. The signal was too weak. I just wondered if any of you RC-2 users had done this yet. In theory it's supposed to work. I'll look for the forums a little bit this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Tone - I found the cure to the problem. I was experiencing the same difficulty as you no matter what I tried to import. All you need to do is remove the flipping guitar cable from the RC-2 input jack. You get instant importing of loops and backing tracks. I did not see this in the manual at all. Hidden treasures I guess?

CAUTUION: Watch your volume. It does get loud with it going through the lopper and the amp.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Tone - I found the cure to the problem. I was experiencing the same difficulty as you no matter what I tried to import. All you need to do is remove the flipping guitar cable from the RC-2 input jack. You get instant importing of loops and backing tracks. I did not see this in the manual at all. Hidden treasures I guess?

CAUTUION: Watch your volume. It does get loud with it going through the lopper and the amp.
    REALLY? Yeah that is a hidden treasure of information there buddy. There is no mention of that in the manual I don't think. YOU RULE! Thanks Tim I'll try it again this evening!

Post Thanks / Like

OK Tone - Let me know how it comes out. For sure it will be as advertised!
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

OK Tone - Let me know how it comes out. For sure it will be as advertised!
    So did you use the CD I sent you? Did it record? Say yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah … Ah … Ah … Ah … Ah … Ah … Ah … Ah … Ah … YES it work just fine !!!! Did I wait long enough??? Where you biting you nails???

Now I have to figure out how to use the CD. There’s a lot of stuff on there. I am not a major in Drumolgy so I do not know of the terms and names of the loops.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

I would use the loops from the folder Smart Loops with Power Snare. There are a variety of loops in there that range from disco beats to regular straight rock beats to triplets. The power snare references a slight reverb on the snare hits. Theres another folder that contains the same loops, just without the reverb on the snare. Reverb on the snare is cool.

Post Thanks / Like

So there Toneman? How did the importing go with the looper? Since you did not post anything I imagine you most likely looped yourself way into the late hours of the night.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Actually Tim I was helping my daughter with her homework and didn't even get to mess with it. And today I'll be a shoppin' so....we'll see if I can get the chance to try it tonight sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the shopping. I took off from work early today. For the first time in 29 years I have my shopping for my wife done a week before Christmas. Normally I am scurrying around on December 23 looking at the leftovers. I am compensation her for letting me buy the looper. I call it future strategy.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the shopping. I took off from work early today. For the first time in 29 years I have my shopping for my wife done a week before Christmas. Normally I am scurrying around on December 23 looking at the leftovers. I am compensation her for letting me buy the looper. I call it future strategy.
    I too am finally finished shopping for my wife. I usually am out there last minute also. It's funny because after getting the looper from her and the kids I guess subconsciously I wanted to get her gifts right away too. haha

I'm getting antsy now because everyday I come here and people are getting early Christmas presents of nice guitars. I need to buy something!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast