Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NAD: Vox Night Train

Thread: NAD: Vox Night Train

Post Thanks / Like

Default NAD: Vox Night Train

Pulled the trigger on the Night Train (Yeah tax refund!). I've been looking to lighten up my rig for some time now. I love my Traynor YCV80 but I must be getting old... at over 60lbs it's a bit of a beast. At a recent gig I noticed that I had the master volume comfortably set at THREE, so I'm not really using all the horsepower under the hood anyway.

So far I'm really digging the Night Train. Not only light and quite portable (16ish lbs), it's a ballsy little amp for only 15W. I'm surprised at the amount of clean(ish) headroom I can squeeze out and with all the Vox-y chime. Crank the gain and switch to the "Thick" mode (bypasses the tone stack) and this little beast can roar!! Triode (7.5W) and Pentode (15W) modes.

Nice and bright with single coils, rich harmonic overtones with humbuckers. Plays nice with semi-hollow and hollow bodies and takes pedals very well. Gonna have a lot of fun with this

Matched it up with the 112NT cab with a Celestion "Greenback". Lots more info here
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool.
    HNAD!

Post Thanks / Like

Most certainly happy new amph day. Those sound great. Have fun with that lil bugger.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club! I love my NT, although I would suggest swapping your power tubes for some JJs. It really opens up the amph.

-Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.