Thread: Avengers

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Avengers

Now this was a pretty awesome super-hero movie!

But the British accent the Thor employed was laughable. Even my Swedish accent sounds more British than that...

The movie was definitely a good couple of hours of pure fun. Recommended.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like most of the recent comic/super hero movies, but this one didn't work too well for me. To me, it fell short of the hype so many people generated. I came into it with no expectations other than is should be good. The slower story and character building scenes were without much spark, except for Downey's excellent Tony Stark portrayal.

The action scenes should have blown me away, but I've been so saturated with mass destructive CGI movies, it lost it's impact. I kept waiting for Capt America's super cheesy wig to fly off at any moment. At least Scarlett Johansson saved the day with her hotness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I, on the other hand, really liked it. I thought the slower story and character building scenes made it way better than just walking in and being overwhelmed by excess CGI from the beginning. EDIT: I have not seen many of the more recent superhero or CGI type films, so this one had some novelty for me too. END EDIT>

I didn't place what the Thor actor was trying to do with accent. Why would a viking god have a brit accent anyways?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

We liked Avengers too for the same reasons that SVL pointed out. Yeah, Thor's "accent" kind of amused me to. So, I said that to my wife and she said....."Who cares about his accent, he's cute to look at"......which of course will be my reasoning when watching a hot babe in a movie!!

The Thor guy though just locked up a starring role in every Brit-themed movie from King Arthur times to the present. The accent is perfect and he's built and he knows how to do the physical stuff. He could star in one of those Renaissance Faire things that they have in certain parts of the country (Lancaster PA being closest to me).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I didn't place what the Thor actor was trying to do with accent. Why would a viking god have a brit accent anyways?
    The Vikings repeatedly invaded England for hundreds of years.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    The Vikings repeatedly invaded England for hundreds of years.
    Last time was right here in 1949

http://prints.paphotos.com/uk_histor...t/1336553.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The technoviking has a GERMAN accent, I'll bet.