Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rush - Clockwork Angels

Thread: Rush - Clockwork Angels

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Rush - Clockwork Angels

Just 2 listens, and Clockwork Angels is living up to my expectations for the most part. Some of the vocal melodies feel a bit repetitive throughout the album, but this release is well crafted and produced. There is plenty of variety with a few familiar textures and riff styles. There's even some new ground explored along the way. A must have for any Rush fan.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I just watched a Geddy Lee interview tonight on the Canada channel. Yeah, we only have one channel up here.

Good interview - what an amazing band. Apparently, they often get asked why they didn't do all that "bad stuff" all the other bands were/are doing. They just seem to focus on the music and not get that stardom thing go to their heads.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

So far I've only heard Headlong Flight which is a serious treat for any bass player.

Likely be getting the album on Dad's Day.

Robert, I thought there were two networks in Canada, although we only get CBC here. That's where I get my Rick Mercer fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nwbasser View Post
    robert, i thought there were two networks in canada, although we only get cbc here. That's where i get my rick mercer fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up my copy today, along with the "Live in Cleveland" DVD from last year's Time Machine Tour. Getting my RUSH on and gearing up to see them in September at Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon (bought the VIP ticket package ). Can't wait!!!!

I "discovered" RUSH around the time of Moving Pictures, although Signals was the first album that I really sunk my teeth into. My ear seems to be trained towards that particular period, so I have to give new material a few listens before it really grows on me, even though I'm confident it will.

BTW, the drum solo on the Live in Cleveland DVD is absolutely SICK!! The Professor gets better with age and each solo seems to build on the previous. I would like to see/hear a mash-up of all the live solos from "All the World's a Stage" through to the present in succession.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

What a killer band.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So after a few more listens, the album has settled in well. It is a little better than Snakes and Arrows, which puts it at the top of their recent (3rd in my mind) era.

Post Thanks / Like

Rush has been my favorite band since about 1980 or so.

Hopefully will get CA tomorrow.

I've heard Headlong Flight and really dig it a lot and am pretty excited about the rest of it.