Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD PRS Soapbar II maple

Thread: NGD PRS Soapbar II maple

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD PRS Soapbar II maple

Actually, these beauties have been disco'd so it's used, but it's in 99.999% new condition with the only things to tell it's been played being so miniscule it's pointless to mention. Got'r this morning and just set'r back down after a good rubdown and play. Not sure why this site won't take the pix but I've been running a thread since scoring off ebay here http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/my-o...-ii-maple.html so you can see it and know my thots. Bottom line, I don't know why these are no longer made but I'm sure glad to finally have one, it overfills the narrow blank between my Strat and Santana SE perfectly, getting a plethora of great sounds the others dance around like a Mexican hat dance, tho they too have there own conucopia of sonic wonders. The SE Soapbar II maple top is just a wonderful looking, playing, sounding guitar that can't be denied, and at an average going rate of $300 you just can't go wrong ...unless you don't have one. Get'm while you can!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, congrats. I've really been digging the P90 sound myself lately. What I really like is with a 2 volume guitar the variety of tones is just great when blending between the two pickups. I didn't know they quit making the Soapbar II. Good find. So is it a keeper?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx, Spuds, she's a lifer just from the comfort and playability aspect, like a favorite girlfriend. PRS' are like that, always a good gamble. Got some real throatiness coupled with ballsy clarity and some singing top end, a sweet spectrum of sounds that can only get better, and evolving sonic differences with every amp change. Not a boring guitar! The heavy-ish strings it came with helps all that it seems. I started getting whammy fever due to the nice trebly sounds available and I see a Bigsby trem will fit which I was doubtful about because of the PU selector switch. Very cool, except it's a shame to hide the top's figuring. I might mod with concentric pots to get the blend capabilities like you say, it's been a plan for my Santana so now I'll do both if I do one. A pair of Barden soaps could also be in the plans simply out of curiousity. They sound way different, but I really like the stock neck PU, a lot more than the bridge which is pretty good, so more time with'r will help on that front. I can tell already my other guitars are jealous!

Post Thanks / Like

I've really wondered about that bridge and how to adjust intonation?

Is it an issue?

Oh, congrats on the new guitar!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's supposedly a well respected stud bridge and I've not encountered any noticable intonation problems, yet, dispite having concerns about all that in my research on these guitars due to some mentioning higher string gauges not intoning well. But I've heard others say they didn't have problems with .11s and up, so who knows? It's all good so far, and thanx!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful guitar... congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great. I loves me some P-90's.

Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool guitar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice! I was enjoying Mike Ness's sound in a vid of him playing a goldie LP with P90s. I bet a PRS with the double cut with P90s will be sweet!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sweeeeeet.....

As an owner of a PRS SE Tremonti, I have to agree with your comments on this one and your Santana about being a great deal! One day when I have money to burn (ha ha), I'll snag a MIA PRS, but until then, I am VERY happy with my SE. It's a great line at a great price!

Post Thanks / Like

I need to add a P90 axe to my small collection.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx again, guys, this thang is never more than a reach away and always rewards. For $300 +- maybe only the Squier CV line can compete for such high value, there's certainly a lot of useable sounds in this baby, and it easily nails Santana's Woodstock tone. How do you beat that at such a low price? It loves all my amps and reacts differently to most which is another plus, seems able to do no wrong. I'll probably get another for the Barden's if I get froggy, but for now that's waaaay down the road.