Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Happy Father's Day!

Thread: Happy Father's Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads here! Hope you all get to have a special day in some way.

Anyone get any guitar-related gifts?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Back atcha! I don't expect any presents, we're on vacay, and my inlaws rented the house, so that's plenty gift for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Fathers day everyone!!

Got New Sperzels for the Strat and a New Laptop

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Father's day back to all you guys! Had a nice late breakfast of D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Æbleskiver with jam, peanut butter, nutella, whip creme and fruit and yogurt. Spent some time helping the kids practice getting up on a wakeboard in the backyard, have an Eagle Scout award ceremony to attend, (who scheduled that then!!?, but it is a big day for these kids, three of them), and then hope to get out on a bike ride. I am getting off the computer now to get a little guitar practice in. Anyway, happy Dad's day to you all!

Oh, for a gift, I got patio sized chess pieces for the pavers we set up like a chess board a year or so ago!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Father's Day and my birthday are usually within a few days of each other. I have a new guitar picked out, but need to sell one of mine to help fund it.

Mrs. Tig is cooking up her special family recipe, pickled pork chops (very tender, and tastes much better than it sounds).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

^ That's awesome, Doug! I'll bet it goes to 11, too.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't like complicated pedals. My Father's Day stomper would only have 2 controls: a 3-way toggle between PEACE/QUIET (love the middle position) and a single depth knob for SLEEP.
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a pick punching tool! now I can make my own picks out of my credit cards. Good way to cure GAS...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Baby Cobra gave me the new Warren Haynes 2CD/1DVD Live recording. Gonna' really like that one.

Post Thanks / Like

No guitar related stuff this year.

My daughter made me a little storybook this year, and I got a hug from her and the wife. Afterwards, we drove down to her mother's, where I was given a couple father's day cards and some cash.

A friend of mine recently restored a vintage Harmony acoustic, and accidentally bought the wrong strings (newbie guitar player, long time drummer). She ended up giving me the strings (D'addario's in my gauge) for free. This happened on Friday... Does that count?