Thread: If you were a fan of Carlos Santana back before he went all pop-py...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up If you were a fan of Carlos Santana back before he went all pop-py...

.....he's back to his forte. And better than ever! Listen to him stretch out with some classic
    Santana licks. Sounding stronger than ever and writing great music again. It's about time he
    got over his pop celebrity and back to what made us fans to begin with. This is his new
    album and it rawks....and rolls....and flows.

BTW, don't let the first 30 seconds throw you off.....

CARLOS SANTANA - SHAPE SHIFTER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for posting this, I'll be awaiting the touring versions. I've appreciated his whole career, even when he seemed less focused and overstretched, there were always times on tour when he'd have the extra-inspired romps. He does try to play as tho it's the first and maybe last time, to keep it fresh. Glad to see he's reenergized, I read some interviews recently and maybe he'll keep the new pace up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just finished my first listen. A much jazzier Santana than of late. Some sweet tones and melodies.
    I'll need a few more listens, but so far, it is pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always interested in what Santana is doing from one project to the next. Some I love, some not so much, but I have such immense love and respect for him as a musician that he gets the benefit of the doubt each time that I will at least listen. This one seems like it may be one of the ones I really enjoy.