Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

NGD : Mosrite-type. NEW PICS!!!!

Thread: NGD : Mosrite-type. NEW PICS!!!!

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD : Mosrite-type. NEW PICS!!!!

I've been wanting a Mosrite Ventures model for a while, a few years at least. The real thing = lots of $, so...which knockoff to get?

I'd been looking at the Eastwood Sidejacks, but had read some mixed reviews. Someone on the AGF forum posted that they'd tried the Sidejack side by side with an Aria DM-380 (A.K.A Diamond). The Diamond was judged to be superior and for less money. I started looking with intention at that point, and found one on Amazon for $234 in my favorite finish for this model, CAR (Candy Apple Red). I worked an extra on-call shift a few weeks ago to earn the extra money, and then promptly ordered it on payday. It got here just over a week ago.

Aria Dm-380 (Diamond) still in the box. by FrankenFretter, on Flickr

I inspected it thoroughly upon arrival, and found no flaws. Fit and finish are perfect. There was a slight buzz around the 5th fret area when I first got it, but after a string change and an extra spring in the tremolo, the buzz is gone. No sharp frets, no wonkiness in the controls, no issues with the nut. The stock P90s are fine, but nothing to get too horny over. Nice, but just average nice, not outstanding. Brighter than my Tele Custom II, but not quite as "ballsy".

Untitled by FrankenFretter, on Flickr

I believe that I'll take the pickups out of my Tele and throw them in this Diamond. I will use my new Harpmaster True Vintage P90s in the Tele. That's what I'm thinking at this point, anyway.

I'll post better pics later, this is all I have at the moment. She's a beauty, that's for sure!

More photos, finally have some real summer weather here:

Last edited by FrankenFretter; July 8th, 2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Added new photos!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.