Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Decadent Guitar Project - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Decadent Guitar Project

Post Thanks / Like

Will be played until the stainless steel frets wear off, lol. I don't do live gigs or anything... a small home studio is where my guitars stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite stunning, really.
    That is a very special guitar. You should be proud!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to go on a Fret Tour with that guitar, and visit us all and let us play it!

Looks simply stunning.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    You need to go on a Fret Tour with that guitar, and visit us all and let us play it!
    I'd be too afraid to touch it!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments... what is a Fret Tour... link?

The electronics are being hooked up... the engraved truss rod and trem plate
    covers are being delivered this week; Argentariis is finishing off the second
    knob engraving this week; and below is the signed peghead in black lacquer.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Fret Tour - I should have said Fret Member Tour. I meant visiting us Fret members and show it off!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

With you now living in Alberta, I bet it would cost less to visit you in Sweden, lol.

I had www.ScottOuderkirk.com create a custom case for the JEM (you send him any case and he does the priming, sketch, and sealing). He did a Hendrix case for me when I had a Hendrix Tribute guitar done. Below you will see some sketched out ideas, along with the final image:

Post Thanks / Like

Great drawing it would make a wonderful guitar case !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

No one has questioned the bees yet. I didn't know this, but Vai does beekeeping on his off time, as a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are more case designs by Scott, featuring Cash, Atkins and Nelson:

Post Thanks / Like

The assembly begins:

Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea for a Black Strat (David Gilmour) concept guitar and may get Argentariis to develop little pig tuner keys. The leaf knobs and tuner pegs are shipping this Wednesday:

Post Thanks / Like

The neck is set, Locking nut installed - ready to solder in the pickguard and install the bridge spring's and claw.

Post Thanks / Like

Report so far from the luthier:
    "Plays like my guitars." This is to be expected and I can't wait, since this is all I play. "Tone is bright but full; very articulate; easy to control feedback." This is exactly what Sublime Pickups set out to do (and this is a mahogany body, which many claim will produce 'dark' tones). "I have fret leveling to do on a few frets; normal setup stuff, another few days and it's playing like I meant it to." Engraved plates on truss rodd and trem yet to be installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the link to the "Ghost Ground" technique that Stephen Casper did on the JEM guitar:
    http://wp.me/p2IaxD-2I

Post Thanks / Like

Waouh !!! What a beauty, this gonna be a very special guitar indeed
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

The mostly-finished product; I'll post higher quality images once I received
    the guitar and attached the silver peg heads and knobs:

Post Thanks / Like

The JEM Sublime is shipping in about a week or so... Casper Guitar Technologies is on the finishes touches. The Sublime Pickups are of an interesting construction. Turned up full, they have very similar tones with great 'punch,' but as you roll off the volume each have unique characteristics. The neck pickup should be incredible for some soaring leads... it was constructed so that there are bell-like overtones that ring out, making for a quality that is not typically in most pickups. Stephen Casper confirmed this as he did a trial run yesterday. Hoping for a bit of a YouTube in the next few days from the luthier.

Post Thanks / Like

ill a bit of setting up to do (and I have to attach the silver hardware once I receive the guitar)... here is a video of the luthier testing things out (notice the blonde JEM off to the side... a project for himself).
    http://youtu.be/GUnJIFOpfOU

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast