Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Decadent Guitar Project
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Decadent Guitar Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Decadent Guitar Project

Being developed by Casper Guitar Technologies. A slightly modified Vai Jem body with mirror face plate, solid silver pegs and knobs, vine of life inlay work, and much more! Some photos below to show some of the parts:

And a silver pick to match, via Timber Tones (part of their Treasure Tones collection):

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very impressed with the appearance of the straps over at www.alligatorjakes.com. Not sure of
    the exact color or style yet, but this one seems close to what I'm looking
    for:

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, the amazing fretboard inlay is through www.luthiersupply.com . They have dozens of other styles and inlay options, and the prices are incredible considering the workmanship (all made by hand from seashells.

Post Thanks / Like

Interested in seeing how this one turns out! I've always been a fan of the JEM...

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be outfitting this guitar with Sublime Pickups. Most have not heard of this company out of Hungary... custom made pickups www.sublimepickups.com

Post Thanks / Like

The headstock's inlay:

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say, these projects aren't to my specific tastes, but they are immensely impressive!

I'll be parking myself here with some popcorn to watch the progress of this one. If the Alien and Hendrix guitars are anything to go by, this should be quite the piece of art! I suspect you have the bespoke guitar bug biting REAL hard huh Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Final guitar... this one gives me tonal qualities and elements found between the original Casper guitar built for me (not the Alien one), and the Hendrix Tribute Strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Johnston View Post
    Final guitar... this one gives me tonal qualities and elements found between the original Casper guitar built for me (not the Alien one), and the Hendrix Tribute Strat.
    Pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Pics are listed above. More will be added when available.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the knob design... solid silver with diamond (gypsy style) inlay:

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the body outline (wood is mahogany)... a basic Jem shape (monkey
    grip to be added) with a slight curve/change in the tail/butt end.

Post Thanks / Like

Another body shot with the details sketched out:

Post Thanks / Like

A color decision was made... just one solid color (a dark espresso or French
    roast), metallic flake. However, under the pickguard (solid mirror-like with
    laser cutouts of vines and leaves) will be a bronze metallic paint.

This decision was based on the pickguard covering much of the body, and so
    adding a burst or a texture did not make sense. And there is much going on with
    the pickguard, silver hardware, engraved pickup covers, etc. The luthier not
    only agreed (also suggested it), but so too did the painter... an
    award-winning custom car painting company... a paint finish not to be seen too
    often on a guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

First pass of the body:

Post Thanks / Like

I always liked the looks of the Firewheel straplocks. Because the body will
    be a very dark espresso, I went with the black straplocks so that they blend
    into the body a bit:

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of extra 'curve' work around the butt end, with the pickguard setting in place (it's a mirror pickguard, but has a protective covering over it for the time being):

Post Thanks / Like

All the routing finished:

Post Thanks / Like

The neck blank with angled headstock clamped:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast