Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Decadent Guitar Project - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Decadent Guitar Project

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Johnston View Post
    ill a bit of setting up to do (and I have to attach the silver hardware once I receive the guitar)... here is a video of the luthier testing things out (notice the blonde JEM off to the side... a project for himself).
    http://youtu.be/GUnJIFOpfOU
    Seems to sound very nice with quite a compressed sound and a nice punch dynamic !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I have to be honest. Watching this come together, I was thoroughly impressed with your dedication, creativity, and your ability to source and work with the different artisans involved to coordinate it all (SYO can probably attest, THAT's a major accomplishment). But I was seeing something, in total, that was going to be garish and way too over the top to be appealing as anything other than a curiosity.

I was wrong.

That came together well and it's a pretty bada$$ guitar. Still a lot of bling for my taste, but it works well, to my surprise. Congratulations. Looking forward to photos of the completed project that do it justice. And thanks for bringing us along on the journey.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Final setting up before shipping... awaiting some photos of the headstock and back trem plate:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater

Post Thanks / Like

Silver hardware shipping today. Update from the luthier:

"Well, it's that time. This thing in amazing. It plays so well it's crazy. Definitely one of my top builds for sure. Over the last several days, I've done some photographing the guitar for my website, adjusting action, pickup height, polishing spots, adjusting the neck, touching up frets general setup stuff and final adjustments. Tonight, I'll be adding the RFID chip as well as the truss rod and trem plates."

Post Thanks / Like

BRAVO

Post Thanks / Like

A blog update from my luthier (with photos and some specs). Should be shipping any day:
    http://caspersguitarshop.wordpress.c...ribute-guitar/

Post Thanks / Like

The knobs are to be replaced (standard ones right now)... a custom whammy bar to be inserted... and the selector switch will be chrome (not white).

Post Thanks / Like

Glow in the dark Sublime logo on middle pickup:

Post Thanks / Like

Just when I think you've thought of everything, there's something else!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a little 'trademark' touch by Sublime Pickups. You wouldn't believe some of the cool and strange pickups he has created... some really off-the-wall stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

A picture of the back plate... hand engraved and chromed (the jack plate also will be chromed).

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar received today. I must say that pictures don't do it justice, and particularly the quality of the metal flake paint. The feel of the fingerboard is the best I have experienced... perhaps that has to do with the ebony, but Steve Casper also makes the best necks I have played. Over the next few weeks I plan on recording some music and writing a detailed review, with photos.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345