Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Squiers! (Tele content)

Thread: New Squiers! (Tele content)

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Squiers! (Tele content)

Always wanted a Telecaster Custom or Deluxe, but lacked the cash?

Take a gander at THESE! (OH, the GAS!)

Post Thanks / Like

You are a tempter sir.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

yea, those are nice looking guitars. Are these the new VM's?

Post Thanks / Like

Why yes, they are!

@ Spud... It is my unofficial duty to pass as much GAS along as I can.

To that end, I am an effective GAS passer.

@ Progrmr... Where ya' been man! Good to see you posting.

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard good things about the Fender Wide-Range humbuckers; apparently they're very thin sounding. Squier already made a dual-hum Custom, which I almost bought instead of my dual P90 Custom II.

This is the VM that I'm gassing over:

Butterscotch blonde, a Jazzmaster pickup in the neck, and a traditional bridge pickup. Pretty cool! Not too crazy about the vintage-tinted neck, or the oversize CBS-era looking headstock, but I think I may be able to live with those minor details.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    @ Progrmr... Where ya' been man! Good to see you posting.
    I went through another bass phase but wound up where I always wind up with bass...it's such a rhythm oriented instrument that playing alone isn't very satisfying! Back to guitars lol!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    This is the VM that I'm gassing over:

Butterscotch blonde, a Jazzmaster pickup in the neck, and a traditional bridge pickup. Pretty cool! Not too crazy about the vintage-tinted neck, or the oversize CBS-era looking headstock, but I think I may be able to live with those minor details.
    THAT is pretty much perfection if they can deliver the goods that pic promises!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've not heard good things about the Fender Wide-Range humbuckers; apparently they're very thin sounding.
    So very true.

The magic tone of the original Wide Range Humbuckers with CuNiFe magnets was never captured by the later and recent Fender versions.
    The only alternative to spending a huge amount for originals would be the Telenator CuNiFe's or sending them your new ones for a mod. They aren't cheap, but it beats paying for the originals.
    http://www.telenator.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    So very true.

The magic tone of the original Wide Range Humbuckers with CuNiFe magnets was never captured by the later and recent Fender versions.
    The only alternative to spending a huge amount for originals would be the Telenator CuNiFe's or sending them your new ones for a mod. They aren't cheap, but it beats paying for the originals.
    http://www.telenator.com/
    Wow, those are not cheap unless you get the "plain magnet" version. Too bad the stock pickups are so lacking, cuz they look very cool!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard good things about the Fender Wide-Range humbuckers; apparently they're very thin sounding. Squier already made a dual-hum Custom, which I almost bought instead of my dual P90 Custom II.
    I try a MIM Thinline Custom and it definitely doesn't have the same gain that my original from 1977 the pups sounds clearly thiner
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface