Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Just in case you've never seen it or been there...

Thread: Just in case you've never seen it or been there...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Just in case you've never seen it or been there...

This is Rose Hill Cemetery in my hometown of Macon, GA. One of the oldest currently active
    cemeteries in the state. Many, MANY civil war veterans buried here, it is huge.

Been here many times. Especially in the recent years following. To those of us that were hippies,
    and growing up then it was a pilgrimage...a vigil, if you will...a show of respect. The metal
    bars haven't always been there. I'm sure they were added to keep the jerks and disrespectors out!

Wreck site

Post Thanks / Like

**anecdote**

"The Allman Brothers were playing one night to a crowd that wasn't very responsive. Backstage,
    on a break, one of the band members said something to the effect of "What's the point in
    going back out there to play any more?" Duane replied angrily "I don't care if there's a G** D**n
    brick wall out there, You go out and play to that brick wall.""[hr]
    Another **anecdote"

"Immediately after Duane, Dickey, Berry, Jaimoe, Butch jammed for three hours in Butch's house, Duane walked over to the door,
    crossed his arms, and announced, "If anyone here doesn't want to play in my band he has to fight his way past me!""

Post Thanks / Like

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1PiHsS8LP8[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Having grown-up as a young hippie in Macon, GA....I was afforded the luxury of seeing the Allman Brothers Band, Wet Willie,
    Marshall Tucker, etc. (Capricorn acts) play for free in Central City Park almost every pretty Sunday. They would setup and play
    new tunes to try them out on us locals. Of course, we always went and saw the bands in concert too....when they had a hometown
    shows. I even semi remember partying at Idlewild Soutn, the Brothers farm one night. I say semi-remember coz I remember that's where
    we were going.....and then I remember some REALLY good pot, a gas mask with a hose and pipe bowl attached, and a roadie constantly
    hollering "Shotgun".... Good times....good times. It was a wild and wonderful time to be growing up in Macon, GA at that time....

It seemed that Capricorn Records had all the good acts: Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Wet Willie,
    Elvin Bishop, Cowboy, White Witch.....and on and on....
    Good times....good times....Sniff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice dedication thread to the Skydog.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this, Jim. Good stuff!

I love old cemeteries, although the ones here in the West aren't nearly as old as those in the East. One of these days I'll have to travel out that way just to check out music and tombstones!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

That's some great stuff, Jim. Thanks!
    I recently saw Gregg interviewed by Colbert. Quite a hoot. Makes me want to pick up his book.
    I'm sure, Jim, you have alot of great stories to tell (even if you can't quite remember all of them )...

By the way, speaking of Elvin Bishop, a buddy of mine recently booked him for a club gig in Tokyo later this month. Kind of far away but perhaps I'll check it out.
    http://buffalo-records.com/newstopics/info/july.html