Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Les Paul Signature Bass - A Semi-Hollow Bass

Thread: Les Paul Signature Bass - A Semi-Hollow Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Les Paul Signature Bass - A Semi-Hollow Bass

Here's a picture of my Father-in-Law's bass. I don't think I'd ever seen a semi-hollow bass before, but I haven't really paid much attention to basses (or guitars either until just a few years ago! Don't hate me for saying that!). He probably bought it new, or at least only a few years old. He played in a country western bar band for many years. He passes away two years ago tomorrow and I don't think I'd ever SEEN the bass up close until last year. I know I hadn't seen it since I started playing guitar 3 years ago. My Mother-in-Law is thinking of selling it and it seems they bring over $3000 generally. They were made between 1973 and 79 or so from what I can find. The tobacco burst or whatever they call it now was only made one year I think.

LesPaulSignatureBass (1) by Retro Hound, on Flickr

LesPaulSignatureBass (2) by Retro Hound, on Flickr
    Last edited by Retro Hound; January 8th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice bass. I have an acquaintance who has a LP sig guitar with the same body, though his is a goldtop.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my '73 Gibson LP Signature. They're very versatile with some unusual electronics. Below it is an Epiphone version I used to have.
    Epiphone used to make a re-issue and it also was an exceptionally nice guitar. I kind of regret selling it. Epiphone is currently offering what they call a Jack Cassidy bass which is basically the LP Signature. A few friends have them and they are very nice, well made, and sound great.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Pamky I was gonna say that looks like a Jack Cassidy, thanks for the additional info.

Post Thanks / Like

Retro, I'm interested if it is for sale. PM'd you with contact info. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

There's one on eBay right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    This is my '73 Gibson LP Signature. They're very versatile with some unusual electronics. Below it is an Epiphone version I used to have.
    Epiphone used to make a re-issue and it also was an exceptionally nice guitar. I kind of regret selling it. Epiphone is currently offering what they call a Jack Cassidy bass which is basically the LP Signature. A few friends have them and they are very nice, well made, and sound great.

What's with the guitars here?

You kids get off my forum lawn!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    What's with the guitars here?

You kids get off my forum lawn!

The hollow bodied ones are the same style as the bass Retro Hound was describing. In this pic the gold one is a Gibson and the burst was an Epiphone

Post Thanks / Like

typical basshead bossiness!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    The hollow bodied ones are the same style as the bass Retro Hound was describing. In this pic the gold one is a Gibson and the burst was an Epiphone
    Yeah, I knew that. I was just messing with you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    typical basshead bossiness!!!
    :d