Thread: New Video: Cover of Uprising by Muse

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Video: Cover of Uprising by Muse

Hey folks... I'm very excited to share this new video. This one has a lot of hard work invested in it. Mostly by Craig our bass player and video editor. It was done in Adobe After Effects 6, with over 150 layers, hundreds of key frames, and over 100 man hours.

It's our virtual band in a virtual world.

Needless to say, we're all very proud of the audio and video. Check out our cover of Muse's 'Uprising'. As always, we'd love to hear you comments!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That video looks fantastic!

Y'all did a great job with the tune, as usual. Great work!

I think you would do really well with an original tune or two as well. Dee is one hell of a songwriter, and you guys have a gift for arrangements of some difficult tunes. I know it may not be the focus of this project, but IMO the talent is there to do something cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Kat... Much appreciated. We're all really proud of this song and the video.

We've actually recorded and released over 3 CDs of original music. We don't have videos for all of them, but we have a few... On our YT Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Project43Rocks) the videos 'Better Days', 'It Makes No Sense', 'Murder with a Smile', 'Our Last Chance' and 'Dagger' are all originals. More audio only of other originals can be listened to here: http://www.project-43.com/music

Thanks as always for taking the time to watch and comment. We do appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cheers guys! I just saw the entire thing meself too in a long while :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously lots of work went into that. Kudos! I wouldn't think of Muse as being in your wheelhouse, but you pulled it off nicely. Wearing the Priest t-shirt was a nice touch, though.

The question on everyone's mind is: where did you get the girls to dance for you?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, marnold... Yeah, when we started working on this one, I wanted try and heavy it up a bit compared to the original, so the Priest shirt was just a reminder.

I'll have to ask Craig (our bass player and video editor) about the girls. I do believe they actually run an online service of 'green screen' vids. You can contract them to different video bits. The silhouette dancers were a digital effect I do believe.