Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bonding With My Squier Affinity Strat

Thread: Bonding With My Squier Affinity Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bonding With My Squier Affinity Strat

Even though I've had it for a couple of years or so, I really hadn't bonded with it. I always liked the way it felt ("huggy" body) and played, but I didn't seem to be able to find tones I liked with my Cube. But lately, I've been experimenting more with the Cube's different models and with more gain - and I've been liking what I'm getting more and more.

Also, finding yet another good use for old credit cards, I shimmed the neck to adjust the angle in order to get the saddle adjustment screws to not stick up so much. A piece of the credit card with a couple of holes drilled did the trick perfectly, lowering the action (before saddle adjustment) about 2/64"-3/64". So, after readjusting the saddles, most of those pesky adjustment screws are flush or slightly lower. Seems that bolt-on necks have some advantages over set necks.

After this latest tune-up, including a new set of strings, this very inexpensive (I have about 70 bucks in it after replacing the pots, switch and jack) little guitar is a real player.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Conrgats.

But...

Pic or real player does not exist.

This is the internet. There are rules.

Post Thanks / Like

White 3-ply pearl pickguard courtesy Sean/Frankenfretter

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Thanks.

I've been trying to buy a Blackie w/rosewood board MIJ Squier Strat for the past week but seller is stereotypical craigslist flake. Grrr.

Post Thanks / Like

"Craigslist flake" is redundant. I peruse the instruments for sale section almost daily, and so often these morons are looking to recoup their original investment. Sometimes the prices are even more than the new street price.
    Last edited by Bookkeeper's Son; August 1st, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    "Craigslist flake" is redundant. I peruse the instruments for sale section almost daily, and so often these morons are looking to recoup their original investment. Sometimes the prices are even mor that the new street price.
    The killer in my case is: it's a GREAT price. Next to nothing for a MIJ. Driving me mad.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, a great price for something you can't get boils down to absolutely nothing.