Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NFL 2012 [American Football Content] - Page 13
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hoping for a good game, and good showing for the Seahawks this weekend. If Tebow had to come in and the pass rush got a good hard sack or two on him, that would be a bonus!

I bet it will get loud at that game! Hoping for some beast mode from Lynch, that will take pressure of Wilson, and open up the offense too!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

Ya sure do know how to hurt a guy, Tig.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Ya sure do know how to hurt a guy, Tig.
    Sorry, Rev. I just couldn't help myself!

<back-peddling time> Think of it as a goal. Yeah, that's it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, from reading because I could not get the game on TV, it looks like the Seahawks pulled it off, though it wasn't completely pretty. I hope they invest in the offensive line. I think it would improve some things.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Saints over the Falcons.

Post Thanks / Like

Peyton keeps rolling along.........Iggles crashed and burned to the hated Cowboys here in Philly.......Vick got a concussion and left in the 2nd quarter.......Reid had his usual questionable play-calling and the leather-lunged boo-birds rained a cacophony of BOOS down on the field.....Noles did half-decent for a rookie under pressure...special tems gave up a TD....Maclin did a great Ricky Waters impression by short-arming a ball thrown to him over the middle.

FUGLY!!! Why do we have to wait for the season to end to fire Reid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Texans barely managed a win in ugly conditions over the Bears.
    8-1 for the season.

Post Thanks / Like

A win is a win.......esp against a very good team in their stadium/fans. Your tied for the best record in the league while my IGGLES found new and inventive ways to give up points. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    The Texans barely managed a win in ugly conditions over the Bears.
    8-1 for the season.
    There was a point in the first half where I was convinced the final score would be 3-0 as the teams continued to trade INTs on nearly every possession for a good stretch there. It may have been ugly, but it was a big win for the Texans to go on the road in terrible weather conditions and beat an extremely aggressive defense like Chicago's.

The NFL blacked me out of the Bucs game so I had to listen on the radio. Not the most impressive offensive performance for the Bucs (at least in contrast with what they've been doing lately) but as PBP wisely said, a win is a win and the Bucs now officially have more of those than they did all of last season. I'm still not ready to use "the P word" lest I set off a wave of Jim Mora imitations, but I can legitimately see this team going 9-7 and that would be a spectacular turnaround from 4-12 last season.

I also missed most of the 4th quarter of the Bucs' game because we had to go to my daughter's championship soccer game. Her team finished the season undefeated (8 wins/2 ties) and won yesterday's championship game on penalty kicks when the score was 1-1 at the end of regulation. Not bad to be on a championship team at age 4 the first season she ever played team sports. I had to wait until I was 12 before one of my teams won a title.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We watched the Iggles.
    Well, at least the backup QB did better than expected for someone who gets no snaps during practice.

Post Thanks / Like

We watched the Iggles.
    Well, at least the backup QB did better than expected for someone who gets no snaps during practice.
    And has virtually no protection afforded him by the offensive line. Whether they go forward with Vick or Foles, that is a major personnel need for the Eagles to address.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Well, from reading because I could not get the game on TV, it looks like the Seahawks pulled it off, though it wasn't completely pretty. I hope they invest in the offensive line. I think it would improve some things.
    The first half wasn't pretty. The second half was very good though. The Jets pass rush was pretty impressive and they did a great job of stopping Marshawn in the first half. About mid-way through the third quarter it was apparent that they were losing steam and the 'Hawks really got rolling. I was greatly disappointed that Earl Thomas didn't get an interception, although Richard Sherman did. The several sacks of Sanchez were quite nice. The Jets offense didn't score at all.

Wilson seemed out of his element in the first quarter and appeared overwhelmed by the aggressive Jets pass rush. However, rather than spiraling downhill like some QBs do under pressure, he regained his composure and had a great game with some impressive runs too. I think this is the third game in a row where Carroll has used a receiver to make a pass play - with good success. An odd approach, but it's been working very well for them. Now both tate and Rice have TD passes in their resumes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@NWBasser, I saw on the internet that the Seahawks were being aired on CBS, and so was hopeful I could see the game. But apparently that was regional info. Blocked out here. I have to find a way without spending too much money to stream Seahawks and Husky games on the internet, or at least audio.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    And has virtually no protection afforded him by the offensive line. Whether they go forward with Vick or Foles, that is a major personnel need for the Eagles to address.
    We were just saying that yesterday! Vick won't return to his potential without some protection from the line.

Post Thanks / Like

We were just saying that yesterday! Vick won't return to his potential without some protection from the line.
    Yesterday was my first prolonged look at the Eagles this season. Philly is a dangerous place to play QB. They're going to get Vick or Foles killed if they don't fix the protection schemes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Yesterday was my first prolonged look at the Eagles this season. Philly is a dangerous place to play QB. They're going to get Vick or Foles killed if they don't fix the protection schemes.
    6' 9" King Dunlap got hit with 3 hands-to-the-face penalties.........there were some plays where the D went through untouched.....another play where if Demarcus Ware had taken a straight line in, instead of inexplicably taking a loop inside, he would have knocked Noles right out of the stadium.

Scary times for sure. Reid probably won't get axed until the season's over.....mainly out of respect for his long tenure here....and that scares me because then it might be.......CHUCKY TIME.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    6' 9" King Dunlap got hit with 3 hands-to-the-face penalties.........there were some plays where the D went through untouched.....another play where if Demarcus Ware had taken a straight line in, instead of inexplicably taking a loop inside, he would have knocked Noles right out of the stadium.

Scary times for sure. Reid probably won't get axed until the season's over.....mainly out of respect for his long tenure here....and that scares me because then it might be.......CHUCKY TIME.
    On the bright side, if Gruden is your next coach, it won't matter as much if the OL subjects the QBs to injury because Gruden will have about a dozen or so QBs to choose from. He collects them like stamps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast