Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NFL 2012 [American Football Content] - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Yeesh, now I know why Kelly took the Philly job. They gave him $32.5 million or $6.5/per. That makes him one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL even though he has never coached in any way, shape, or form on the pro level.
    I guess it's not my money to spend, but the limitations of a 53-man roster make me skeptical that Kelly's offense will translate to the NFL without major modifications. It succeeded at Oregon largelly because he was able to take advantage of the larger NCAA rosters.

As to the Super Bowl, I will be rooting for the 49ers because I won't be forced to endure the over-the-top media hype about any murderers on their team.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Superbowl... What a great comeback by the 49'ers!
    Too bad the officials didn't call some obvious pass interference and THE holding call.

I bet the replacement ref's watching got a kick out of the Super Bowl ref's blindness.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't fall behind by 22 and expect the refs to bail you out. Without the power outage the Niners lose by four TDs minimum.

My big thought is that somewhere Browns fans are collectively barfing seeing their former franchise win their second Super Bowl without them appearing in one, much less winning one. Someday my Lions might make it and maybe even win. While I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

It could have been a non-call but I don't think enough to taint the game. If I were a ravens fan I would have been pissed about the lights too.

Overall an entertaining game. I was underwhelmed by the ads this year. We will not speak of Beyouncey.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    It could have been a non-call but I don't think enough to taint the game.

Overall an entertaining game..
    The missed holding call in the end zone on Smith likely cost the game for SF. Two ref's were there and missed it.

Found an animated gif

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    The missed holding call in the end zone on Smith likely cost the game for SF. Two ref's were there and missed it.
    Yikes, I missed a lot of what happened early in the play. Pretty bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looking forward to next year. Hoping the Seahawks come back strong to challenge the 49'ers, who have a good number of draft picks I understand. Here is some analysis of the Seahawks needs for consideration by any inclined to read it:

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...us/#more-16885
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, the Seahawks should do even better next year.

I hope the Texans are still on an upward swing. They have some solid talent that hasn't been utilized by Kubiak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post

Found an animated gif

It's my understanding, from listening to the expert Phil Simms, that the rules are different in the last minute of play of a game and even more different in the last minute of play in a really important game.

I have always hated that nonsense. The rules are the rules no matter how much time is left on the clock or what the potential outcome of correctly enforcing the rules on the game.

I'm all for officials "swallowing the whistle" and "just letting guys play" as long as they do it consistently. Either call the game loose or call the game tight, but do it the same from start to finish. That was defensive pass interference at any other time in the game.

Luckily for me, I didn't particularly care for either team so the outcome was meaningless.

Now I'm looking forward to the Bucs' draft and off-season moves and to our coming NFL 2013 thread.

ps. I read/heard a lot of other so-called "experts" saying that regardless of the holding, it was on Crabtree as a professional wide receiver in a big game to "just make the play." I can not recall hearing a bigger line of garbage without double-checking the Jon Gruden archives. Do not blame a clearly fouled WR for not defying the laws of physics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ps. I read/heard a lot of other so-called "experts" saying that regardless of the holding, it was on Crabtree as a professional wide receiver in a big game to "just make the play." I can not recall hearing a bigger line of garbage without double-checking the Jon Gruden archives. Do not blame a clearly fouled WR for not defying the laws of physics.
    I agree, that sounds like a load of bunk. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it looked to me that the ball came down so far out of bounds that a catch in-bounds would have been extremely difficult, if not impossible. Assuming that Crabtree wasn't held that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Looking forward to next year. Hoping the Seahawks come back strong to challenge the 49'ers, who have a good number of draft picks I understand. Here is some analysis of the Seahawks needs for consideration by any inclined to read it:

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...us/#more-16885
    That's a great analysis. Thanks for the article Steve.

I'm really looking forward to Wilson's second year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    I agree, that sounds like a load of bunk. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it looked to me that the ball came down so far out of bounds that a catch in-bounds would have been extremely difficult, if not impossible. Assuming that Crabtree wasn't held that is.
    Agree. He'd have had to have made a catch similar to the one Santonio Holmes made a few years ago for the Steelers. That's difficult enough without a defender all over you.

Incidentally, many people have said that because the ball was "uncatchable" that it justifies the no call. I don't entirely agree. I believe the official closest to the play (the one right there in the freeze frame in Tig's post) should have thrown a flag as soon as the DB molested the WR.

If the other officials then converse and decide that yes, there was holding, but they're waving it off because the ball was not catchable, that would be a correct no-call. This is why I think the NFL's disciplining/grading of officials should be available to the public.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223