Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NFL 2012 [American Football Content] - Page 4
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

After a shaky first half, the Texans looked good, especially J.J. Watt's pass swatting.

The Schaub / Andre Johnson train also got rolling.
    They ran for only 83 yards, which needs improvement considering the talents of Arian Foster.

Post Thanks / Like

A penalty-filled game for the Seahawks which ended ugly.

I can't really fault Wilson too much except that he had a couple passes batted down due to his lack of height.

The receivers couldn't seem to shake loose for anything. That and dropped balls really showed some serious shortcomings.

Lynch couldn't really get started. I think he had about 85 yards. I have to admit that the Card's defense was very tight. Much better than I expected.

It will be interesting to see if the 'hawks can all come together and make plays.

The really bright spot was, as usual, Washington's kick/punt returns for big plays.

The defense looked very good at times, but couldn't contend with Kolb.

Post Thanks / Like

One weekend in and I'm utterly appalled by the performance of the replacement officials, which is sadly, not at all surprising. It seems like it's in vogue to just laugh it off and say "ha ha, it couldn't get worse than the regular officials" but quite clearly, it can. Roger Goodell is trying as hard as he can to vie with the NHL's Gary Bettman as the worst pro sports commissioner in my lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

On the upside; the officials gave Seattle an extra time out.

But the look of total confusion on their faces while they tried to sort it out didn't lend much confidence in their abilities.

In that game, it seemed that they called every penalty that they possibly could and it made for something of a miserable game to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

It got to the point where I was waiting for one of the officials to call a penalty from some other sport.

"Defense, number ninety-four. Two minutes for hooking!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    It got to the point where I was waiting for one of the officials to call a penalty from some other sport.

"Defense, number ninety-four. Two minutes for hooking!"
    I'm just hoping for another "Giving him the business like this" call.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The most informed replacement official I've seen was the woman from a few weeks ago (can't remember which game). The other ref's kept going to her for the technical details and rules.

We've seen them try too hard, calling infractions where none existed, then completely miss something just feet in front of them.
    "Yo, Ref... One more eye and you'd be a cyclops!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I'm just hoping for another "Giving him the business like this" call.
    Ha! Awesome.

That was the Jets' Marty Lyons (if I'm not mistaken) against Buffalo's Jim Kelly. That was the single greatest vocalized penalty call in NFL history.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well the jury is in and.......most pundits roundly criticized Andy Reid for his pathethic play-calling against the Browns last weekend. McCoy was running up a storm and then magically disappeared for the 2nd half. Really? Seriously? Honestly, it's a miracle that we win games with that idiot at the controls. Good grief.

Of course, you guys hear this same plaint from me EVERY year for probably the past 4-5 years and yet......it never changes. We are never going to be rid of him........and oh yeah, no friggin' discipline either. We racked up another boat-load of penalty yards. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell you this PBP, while I'm no Eagles' fan, the day they finally fire Andy Reid I will be very happy for you. You know, if we're still alive when that actually happens.

Post Thanks / Like

No lol intended here.....but......uh.....with his family tragedy this summer, that's a guarantee for this season and probably next..........you know.......brain-dead stupidity exacerbated by grief.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Watching the Eagles is becoming more difficult each season, as Reid blunders calls and wastes the talent at hand.

Also, every time we watch the 49'ers, Mrs. Tig goes outside and pounds her skull against the sidewalk after watching David Akers (the one who got away) nail awesome field goals.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad for Akers because he was a good guy and good for the community........sad for us whilst he kicks for the Niners. Isn't it time for Reid to go on one of those Mormon missionary treks to God-only-knows-where?

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. It was a great and then heartbreaking day to be a Bucs' fan. They gave the Giants all they could handle and more for the first half of that game.

The defense, though a bit shaky up the middle against the run, was looking good against the pass, forcing Eli to make several mistakes leading directly to three scores for the Bucs.

Then for some reason they changed defensive strategies in the second half and let the Giants right back into it. It didn't help that Aquib Talib had the worst game of his pro career getting torched by Victor Cruz time and time again, and then getting burned by Nicks on the big pass that set up the winning score. Not to mention, had the regular officials been working Talib would have been flagged for about half a dozen defensive holding/pass interference calls the scab officials missed. In a word, his game today was terrible.

On the bright side, Josh Freeman is making major strides forward and the two defensive rookies, Barron and David, continue to impress me with consistent fundamentally sound play.

The core of a good young defense is beginning to emerge. It needs serious help on the corners. Wright is good but not great (though his pick-6 runback today is likely the best play we'll see all day). Talib is inconsistent at best, and, well, today at worst.

So 1-1 after two weeks. Should have been 2-0 if they could have kept their foot on the gas, but the other way to look at it is that this team that was 4-12 last year were in the game with the Super Bowl champ Giants for the full four quarters. It's progress. I'll take it.

How'd your team do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Way to go, Seahawks! Any win over Dallas is a good win.

The Texans gave it to the Jaguars, but I was at the Astros game with my family so I didn't see it. (Astros rally to win the 3rd of a 4 game series over the Phillies)

Looks like the Steelers will take the Jets...

Post Thanks / Like

Iggles with 2 wins....each by 1 point. Oh boy.......the heart-attack Iggles are playing with our hearts. And if they keep winning, we'll never get rid of Reid. lol I'll take the wins and put up with the big oaf.

Somebody please explain to me why the NFL can't loosen up the purse strings a little and get the REAL refs signed. This is just stupid and the NFL Owners and Goodell are being idiots. Honestly, grow the frig up and act like MEN. Give the refs what they are due and be done with this nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Way to go Seahawks! Convincing win in the home opener! Lynch got going, and Wilson settled down and did well. Tate pulled a few passes in. Seems to me front line and pass protection, breaking holes open, and having receivers that hold on to the ball will be the longer run keys.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Somebody please explain to me why the NFL can't loosen up the purse strings a little and get the REAL refs signed. This is just stupid and the NFL Owners and Goodell are being idiots. Honestly, grow the frig up and act like MEN. Give the refs what they are due and be done with this nonsense.
    Can you say "pissing contest"? Why is it that any negotiation in pro sports seems to be handled this way? Another thing about pro sports that teaches such "good" lessons.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast