Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2012 [American Football Content]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, things are really looking up for the 'Hawks these days.

Wilson is in for the starting QB position. Owens is out.

We have a lot of good pieces in position for a winning season.

Last Friday against the Chiefs, Wilson hammered them and impressed me to no end.

Credit where credit is due, Carroll's system of competition put the best guy in at QB against the highly paid Flynn.

I know pre-season doesn't really "count", but it does give you a look at the capabilities of the new players which is very interesting in its own right.

I enjoyed Collinsworth's analysis of Tebow's passing last night. I thought he broke things down very well and explained things that R of G has been saying all along. I'd also agree completely with R of G that Tebow would make a great running back.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad day for the Seahawks. When you can unload Terrell Owens and Tarvaris Jackson in the same day, it's a positive step for the franchise.

I'm glad Carroll decided to play Wilson. It'll be great for the team and for the league if it works out.

No offense to Matt Flynn, who may still have a solid career ahead of him as well, but hopefully Wilson beating him out in camp will see a decline in the trend of signing some successful team's backup to big dollars without really knowing if they can lead a franchise (see also Cassel, Matt and Kolb, Kevin).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes! Those offloads are great news! I have no problem with a competition going on for QB. I am glad Wilson is getting his shot if he has been the one playing better. I am glad some distractions have been sent away so the team can focus on finding the right offensive leader.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pleased with the Bucs' performance against the Patriots. The single bad note, and it's a big one, is that OG Davin Joseph suffered a knee injury which will cost him this season. Prior to bringing in Carl Nicks, Joseph was the best offensive lineman on the team and his loss will be tremendous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Yes! Those offloads are great news! I have no problem with a competition going on for QB. I am glad Wilson is getting his shot if he has been the one playing better. I am glad some distractions have been sent away so the team can focus on finding the right offensive leader.
    Steve, did you see the game on Friday?

I think we have a lot to look forward to this year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No, didn't get too. Headed out with my daughter to secure a campsite up at Redfish lake for the weekend, with the boys and my wife joining on Saturday after soccer stuff. So did not get to catch the game. Was a beautiful night under the stars up at Redfish though!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I sure can't blame you. That sounds like heaven!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    No, didn't get too. Headed out with my daughter to secure a campsite up at Redfish lake for the weekend, with the boys and my wife joining on Saturday after soccer stuff. So did not get to catch the game. Was a beautiful night under the stars up at Redfish though!
    Oh, but to live in Paradise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Argghhh!!! the only thing worse than the Seahawks dropping a game like that is having to experience it by internet written play by play on Fox. The channel isn't even available from Cox in our area. I may have to at least buy the audio package. But still, a sucky loss. No need for it. On the replays I watched I saw one very catchable touchdown pass dropped, and the play by play I was watching made it sound like there were more in that late game goal line stand. At least wilson looks like he played well enough for them to win, and I bet he will continue to get better.

Still, grrrr.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Iggles barely won with Vick throwing 5 interceptions. Amazing.

Peyton Manning looked scary good tonite. What's with the Jets remembering how to play football? lol

Post Thanks / Like

The dang nurses had me all day so I MISSED ALL GAMES.tHEY TRIED TELLING ME i WOULD HAVE TO SHUT DOWN THE RACE LAST NIGHT BECAUSE IT WAS ON UNTIL MIDNIGHTSTARTED AT 6PM.I TOLD THEM ID SIGN OUT IF THEY DIDNT LET ME WATCH................TRUST ME WHEN THEY SAW A PIECE OF MY WHITE ARSE PACKING MY THINGS TO GO HOME .LETS JUST SAY I GOT MY WAY AS USUAL.

TIME FOR BED THE MEDS ARE MAKING ME TYPE BAD

Post Thanks / Like

Give 'em hell, Muddy!

Haven't had a chance to get into football the last couple seasons, due to work schedule... Hopefully, that will change and life will slow down to the point where I can get back into watching sports again.

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm not sure if Cam Newton impressed me yesterday or not. I didn't see any of his signature plays, the O-line kept collapsing, he got sacked a handful of times and he threw I think 3 interceptions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies View Post
    So I'm not sure if Cam Newton impressed me yesterday or not. I didn't see any of his signature plays, the O-line kept collapsing, he got sacked a handful of times and he threw I think 3 interceptions.
    Cam got to know Bucs' DT Gerald McCoy pretty well yesterday. It's a shame yesterday's game was blacked out here, requiring fans that really want to see the Bucs to take to the internet to find streams of the game. Yesterday's game should forever silence the casual fans here that insist Gerald McCoy is a bust because he didn't become Warren Sapp overnight (despite having very similar stats to Sapp's first two years here). What I saw yesterday was that it takes at least two offensive players on every single down to block McCoy, and even so, he was disrupting Newton left and right yesterday, chasing him around the backfield, forcing him to make bad throws, etc. The problem here is that too many fans don't know what solid DT play looks like. They assume they can just check the number in the "sacks" column when there is so much more to it than that.

A couple of other notes on the Bucs' performance... I couldn't be happier they traded down in the draft to take Mark Barron instead of moving up to take Morris Claiborne (or worse, Trent Richardson). Barron showed a lot of very intelligent play yesterday. The real highlight for me defensively was watching rookie LB Lavonte David. It's about time the Bucs had a LB that seemed drawn magnetically to wherever the ball was. They've lacked that since Derrick Brooks. David was involved in play after play, run coverage, pass coverage, the guy was everywhere.

Josh Freeman looked much more poised than last season. If the right throw wasn't there, he didn't try to force it. Schiano really seems to have had an impact on him, and I couldn't be happier.

Fifteen games to go, and we've already won 1/4 as many games as last season!

Go Bucs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not an auspicious beginning for the Browns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    Not an auspicious beginning for the Browns.
    I'm sure they'll get another new rookie QB next season. But hey, at least they traded up for an overrated RB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL. Yeah. It's going to be interesting to see what the new owners thinks about all of this. Which, should come sometime in October when he is officially approved as new owner by the other owners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    LOL. Yeah. It's going to be interesting to see what the new owners thinks about all of this. Which, should come sometime in October when he is officially approved as new owner by the other owners.
    Looks to me like one strong possibility is that the new owner will wipe the entire slate clean, Holmgren and all and bring in his own player personnel guys. If that's the case, it's going to be yet another reboot for the Browns, and this one will set them back many many years. Still, I cannot thank Holmgren enough for taking Richardson off the board early so the Bucs wouldn't make that mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lions won. That's all I'll say. Thankfully they don't hand out style points.They'll have to play a lot better on Sunday night, that's for sure. Here's to hoping the Niners get overconfident.

So much for the prediction of the Packers going 16-0.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast