Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Here's my new band

Thread: Here's my new band

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's my new band

This was our first gig 1.5 weeks ago. It was for a friend's wedding.

We only had 1 band rehearsal, so it wasn't all perfect... but hey "it's only rock'n roll but I like it"!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice montage! Experienced musicians can sound good with only one rehearsal.
    HNBD!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet. Wish you hadn't cut off your only solo though. Have to go to the glovebox site to hear it. Sounds good, good groove. Love fiddlehead bass and the bass player's semi-Flea action. Good for a smile and great for shows. Are you using the blonde amp in back or the shadowy black stuff off to the side? Love the space and air on that stage. I wish more of our venues had that instead of the sardine squeeze thing happening.

Hope you have as many great gigs in future as you want. Keep us posted, eh?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, sounds great! Clearly a collection of very strong musicians all around, which must be nice for you as a member. You've got everything covered it seems - strong vocals and harmonies and great playing. Good luck going forward!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I dig the song selection. For one rehearsal, y'all are playing together well, and the crowd sounds like they are getting into the show. Cool stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys sound great!! A little less caffeine for the bass player, though....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Robert! You guys sound great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    You guys sound great!! A little less caffeine for the bass player, though....

It was a gig for friends, so understandable!
    Congrats on the new band!
    Cheers
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Neat stage, songs well played/sung, and audience getting into it. Break a leg, you don't need any luck.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank guys. I just put up the band website, and yesterday, we had TWO inquiries for gigs. Crazy.

It's fun to play with these boys. Next 2 gigs are next Fri and Sat - one fundraiser gig for our daugther's Operation Groundswell trip, and the other an anniversary for a Boston Pizza owner (we're playing at his Boston Pizza venure).
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.