Thread: Thoughts on a Jackson Dinky EX - sell or strip

Post Thanks / Like

Question Thoughts on a Jackson Dinky EX - sell or strip

I am having a clean out and decided to debate the future of two guitars that have just been sitting in the attic for 5 years. One of which is a Jackson Professional Dinky EX. This was my first serious guitar and over the years it been upgraded to have a full set of Dimarzio's (Tone Zone, HS-2 and Air Norton).

My dilemma is that I do not know what the value of it would be and suspect the pickups might well be worth more than the guitar.I also wired a Yamaha selector into it which does start like coil splits in the 'between' positions and it had a fantastic tone. As I got older I was less inclined to play and I don't want to see it wasted.

It has a few nicks here and there but is in very good condition with plenty of wear left on the frets. What are your thoughts? In the back of my mind I am thinking of part ex for a PRS Tremonti SE but have no idea how much value is in the part exchange market in the UK?

I will save the details of my other guitar for another post...don't cross the streams!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My opinion is dust it off, put new strings on it, set it up, and rock the heck out of it!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Yea - is it from the 90's?? I just traded a gibson lp jr special for a '91 Jackson professional - it's freakin' awesome (ebony fretboard, 24.5" scale). It had some built in effect but the previous owner completely jacked up the electronics so I have to take it in to get fixed. Even jacked up, it's an awesome guitar.

I'd look for a trade or keep it and rock it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    My opinion is dust it off, put new strings on it, set it up, and rock the heck out of it!
    Ya, don't bother stripping it. The visual character will be gone if you do.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.