Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My acoustic sounds imo better than a Martin

Thread: My acoustic sounds imo better than a Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Default My acoustic sounds imo better than a Martin

For me, Martin guitars have always been top of the line.

Then i saw a guy, testing this particular guitar with a Martin guitar.
    Hands down the acoustic i have sounds better.

But then i made a comparision of the one i have now and a Guild, the Guild will win anyday. Anytime.

I have a Simon And Patrick PRO Flame maple with Cutaway.
    Its one of these gii-taars you cant go without.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Need some pictures!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Test

Post Thanks / Like

Like so:

Quote Originally Posted by L-Blue View Post
    Wish.. Granted!

Sorry for the links.. Havent figure out how the picture thing works.

Click on "Reply with quote" and look at the image tag formatting.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice....thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

no question, there are some less expensive builds that just seem to come together right. resonant top, fantastic neck, projection, and also, there are those high end builds that don't always live up to the reputation that is very well earned over, what is it? 180 some odd years? She looks like a beauty! I know I've played Martin's and Taylors that I wouldn't spend a 100 bucks on, unless it was to flip it, but then I've also played guitars by those makers that were otherworldly....part of the mystique of solid wood handmade tools.....they have there own personality, and they evolve in their own environment. Two different solid wood acoustics of the same vintage and the same model that have lived their lives in two different places are likely to sound different. Just the way it is.

Congrats on the S&L.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Everything depends on what you like.

I have a not very expensive Ibanez Artwood. It doesn't sound very flashy, jingly or anything, more like middy and a touch clanky even. But it records beautifully. When I tested guitars in the store, it had the least bling and high-end to it, but it has this meaty resonance I knew would sound good miked. And it does; I like that kind of a sound. I can't stand the acoustics with just top end and a beautiful sheen; I want my acoustic to sound strong and meaty and warm. You hit it, and it goes BRAMM and not BRLLINGG like most acoustics do.

I dunno if people as a rule would prefer its tone even on recording, but I like it lots.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    You hit it, and it goes BRAMM and not BRLLINGG like most acoustics do.
    It's weird to say this, but I know what you mean. I used to have a Fender DG-16 that made the more meaty sound, and projected like a mofo. The Seagull I have now sounds very warm and round -- unlike either of those sounds you were talking about. It's different, but I kind of like it. Guess that's why I sold the other one.

To the OP, nice guitar! We're Godin brethren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I think the most important thing is you have found a guitar that has the tone that works for you, congrats and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Interestingly enough, I have an S&P Pro Flame Maple cutaway that I am trying to sell. Problem is, I can't seem to find any information on what the asking price should be. I purchased it in '01 I believe and have never really played it much. Its in great condition.

Any recommendations as to where I can get info or possibly list the guitar?

Thanks in advance!