Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Big rumor

Thread: Big rumor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big rumor

Pretty big rumor this weekend. We catered Justin Timberlake's wedding on Saturday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...el-get-1270732

Celebrity wedding klaxon! Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel 'got married in a secret location' this weekend

The couple tied the knot in the same ski resort where they got engaged at Christmas, says the US gossip source

If it's true then they've got rubbish friends (friends that can keep secrets)
    Splash

Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have got married in a top secret ceremony on Saturday, according to US reports.
    The couple apparently tied the knot at the ski resort where they reportedly got engaged at Christmas.
    If it’s true, they’ve been a heck of a lot more subtle than Brangelina, who have basically put up scaffolding around their potential venue in a not-so-subtle hint of a ceremony.
    Hollywood gossip columnist, Janet Charlton, said that the sexy couple ‘pulled a fast one’ for the ceremony in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
    Adding that Justin and Jessica ‘are in the middle of their ceremony at a very fancy private estate and members of the wedding party are staying at the Four Seasons Hotel there.'
    Wedding cake designer Sylvia Weinstock might have given it away by revealing that she was in Jackson Hole at the same time as the rumoured nuptials. Which means it must be true, right?

Okay...so I was in Jackson this weekend, and we did cater a several million dollar wedding, and I did hang out with Sylvia Weinstock, the cake lady and build her cake, but...
    Gossip columnists were adament that the celebrity couple, Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel, had walked down the aisle in a top secret wedding on Saturday but latest reports suggest otherwise.
    A source confirmed to US Weekly that the couple is still happily engaged, and did not tie the knot in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, on the weekend.
    "Justin and Jessica are seriously still in the early planning stages of the wedding and don't have it all figured out yet, as Jessica keeps saying," the source explains. "They are both working [a lot]," the source said.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches...secret-wedding

It was somebody else's wedding...and I can't say whose.

If you don't know who Sylvia Weinstock is then go get your back issues of Redbook, Vogue, Brides Magazine, Cosmopolitan etc. Or, try google.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Avril Levign and the Nickelback dude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is funny . . . a guy who is known as "the nickelback dude". Looks fancy schmancy there Spud! If it was Timberlake's wedding one could only hope he did not bring one of his special gifts in a box!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, too cute!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    That is funny . . . a guy who is known as "the nickelback dude".
    His music doesn't warrant learning what his name is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I have to admit that I don't know it. Though I did see a thread title somewhere else (even including his name) about this guy and Avril hooking up . . .
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that I don't know it. Though I did see a thread title somewhere else (even including his name) about this guy and Avril hooking up . . .
    The only reason I know his name today, is because last night "Chad Kroeger" was trending on Twitter so I said, "who's Chad Kroeger?" and googled him. I was happier being blissfully unaware.

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I know his name today, is because last night "Chad Kroeger" was trending on Twitter so I said, "who's Chad Kroeger?" and googled him. I was happier being blissfully unaware.
    Yeah, Nickelback holds no particular interest for me at all. I had no idea what the guy's name was.

I just read a news blurb about Arvil marrying the guy from Nickelback. I don't think the news article knew his name either.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was Timberlake's wedding one could only hope he did not bring one of his special gifts in a box!
    Oooh boy, I nearly spit up my lunch when I read that one.

Awesome reference Steve!

Post Thanks / Like

Several millions?
    Was it classy, or trashy, in an Italian leader way...?

There had to be musical stuff going on. Do tell
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

I could just plotz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Close enough...

Post Thanks / Like

It was the big rumor all over the Tetons on both sides that Justin and Jessica were secretly getting married this past Saturday. We were even getting phone calls from tabloids asking about it.

I was talking to the bride (it wasn't Jessica) and her father's assistant at the airport when I picked up the cake that was flown in from Manhattan in the family's private jet. It was just the cake and the pilot. The cabin was severely air conditioned to preserve the cake. Anyway, the bride hadn't heard any of the rumors yet but the assistant had. The bride was going nuts trying to get the info from the assistant. Such a tease.

The next plane (private) on the runway was the family and the cake lady below. She's the top of the heap if you are having a multi-million dollar wedding. Sweet little Jewish gal from New York. All the flowers etc. on the outside of the cakes is edible and handmade from sugar. She has 9 helpers and the gal that showed up with her is her first employee of 30 years. Another cool gal from the Virgin Islands.
    http://www.sylviaweinstock.com/index_fl4.html

The tent was glass on 3 sides and took a week to build and set up. Sound company was from L.A., lighting from Chicago and orchestra from New York. Sadly, I wasn't allowed to photograph during the event. Nobody other than the approved hired photographer could take pictures.

We had a staff of around 70 and most of them had to wear the Tux outfits you can see here.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow......the $$$$$s that were spent on this wedding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Wow......the $$$$$s that were spent on this wedding.

The amount spent on waste alone would have paid most any of our salarys for a year...at least. The event was over 2 million dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Yeah, Nickelback holds no particular interest for me at all. I had no idea what the guy's name was.

I just read a news blurb about Arvil marrying the guy from Nickelback. I don't think the news article knew his name either.
    Best (of hundreds) of jokes on Twitter about it came from Rob Delaney who said something along the lines of "can we just say Avril Lavigne is marrying Nickelback? It's easier that way."

Post Thanks / Like

So, no drunk brawl while the place is surrounded by police cruisers, I guess.

No fun.

The whole deal must have dropped some serious coin in the area, like lodging for guests, etc. or did they just climb back into their jets heading back home..?

Music? What about the music? Was YoYoMa there?
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule View Post
    So, no drunk brawl while the place is surrounded by police cruisers, I guess.

The whole deal must have dropped some serious coin in the area, like lodging for guests, etc. or did they just climb back into their jets heading back home..?

Music? What about the music? Was YoYoMa there?
    The parents put all the guests up in the Four Seasons. That's where most of the coin went. We were really the only local big player on the scene other than them.

I only recognized one of the musicians. He is a popular local that was filling in because the band was short staffed. No famous cellists, sorry.