Thread: HELP! Looking to get into home recording. Question...

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP! Looking to get into home recording. Question...

Hi folks,

I'm an absolute newb when it comes to home recording software. If I was to buy something like this...

http://www.musiconmypc.co.uk/pro-too...rface-software

am I locked in to using Pro-Tools M-Powered, exclusively, or could I use any other software as well. Say if I happend to prefer a different software set at a latter date? Or if the Upgrade to the 'proper' editions is out of my price range?

It's such a minefield out there!

Cheers

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

You can either upgrade to the more powerful version of PT after you've gotten comfortable with it or switch to any other software package. Reaper is free but limited in features compared to Pro Tools. Cubase is another great program as well.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

My setup is a Line 6 Toneport UX-1, and I use Acoustica Mixcraft recording software and Beatcraft drums. It all works for me, and you can up up and running for under $250. Everything I've recorded at the site in my profile was recorded on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I went for the Line 6 GX Studio as a starting point - I get to recieve it for my birthday gift from my wife on Oct 2. I'm stoked about using it. Will check out Acoustica mixcraft as well when I get used to it.

Cheers for the help folks. I may even post some tunes once I get sorted.