Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New (Used) Interface Day!

Thread: New (Used) Interface Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New (Used) Interface Day!

I've been looking for a reasonably priced recording interface, and searching the local Craig's Lists vigilantly. I finally came across this:

Untitled by FrankenFretter, on Flickr

I got it for a very good price from a young guy who was just using it as an effects unit, not for recording. I downloaded the latest drivers and such, as well as the latest version of Ableton Live LE. I haven't had the chance to really do much with it yet, and I don't know if I have a headphone adapter for the 1/4" jack, but I'm pretty happy to have scored such a deal. Now I just have to learn how to use it!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. A good interface can help your creative output immensely. Nice snag.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The Line 6 UX units are very nice. You should be quite happy with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys.

So the full version of Pod Farm is $300? Holy smoke. I thought my hardware came with some sort of version of that, but maybe it wasn't Win7 compliant. I don't think I'll be buying the full version of that. Anybody using Pod Farm? Is it that good?
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

that is the only interface I have ever had. I really like it! I just run the sound through the USB to my computer and listen through my speakers connected to my computer. I don't typically use the headphone jack on the unit.

Also, I tend to use it with mics rather than use the direct input and gearbox software. I should use it that way though. I think there is a lot you can do with it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    that is the only interface I have ever had. I really like it! I just run the sound through the USB to my computer and listen through my speakers connected to my computer. I don't typically use the headphone jack on the unit.

Also, I tend to use it with mics rather than use the direct input and gearbox software. I should use it that way though. I think there is a lot you can do with it.
    I haven't been able to get my speakers to work as the output. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I did run it through my Cube 60 last night, just for fun. That little bit of latency is a bit annoying, though.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You probably have to go into your audio settings on your computer, and select the jack that goes to your speakers. Otherwise, it defaults to sending the signal back to the unit through the USB I believe.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should be able to adjust the latency in the settings. The thing is, if you adjust the latency too low, then regular playback will start to be choppy. I typically keep my computer latency at around 8ms which is totally undetectable, but when I mix projects with more than a dozen tracks and several plugins on, I turn it up to maybe like 16ms because it'll start to breakup nasty.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.