Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
FS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Strat

Thread: FS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default FS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Strat

** SOLD**

I decided that I really wanted to try one of THESE, and since I have a "one in, one out" deal with the wife, something else has to go. Since I own three Strats, and two of them have maple necks, I decided it would be this Classic Vibe '50s Strat in LPB. I bought this used off eBay last November, and installed a custom pickguard from Warmoth (the original white one will be included) and a push-pull pot to be able to put the bridge pickup in series with either or both of the other two (my favorite S-S-S pickup switching mod!). FYI, these go for $355 new, and obviously that's without the snazzy aftermarket p/g and souped-up switching. And they don't offer this cool color anymore, either.

"In the interest of full disclosure", there is one gouge about 3/4" x 1/8" through the finish along the bottom edge, but it's not visible looking straight on, and I camouflaged it with some LPB touch-up paint from Guitar ReRanch (you can have that, too). The guitar plays very well and sounds super--the Squier CV guitars are really amazing values, which is why I own four of them...soon to be reduced to three, since you KNOW you want this!! Price: $215 + FedEx ground shipping, ConUS destinations only, PayPal payment required. No case or gig bag, but I'll pack the living **** out of it. PM if interested.

Last edited by duhvoodooman; August 31st, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Killer price on a great guitar. I was playing mine yesterday...and I still love it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's a nice rig. If I needed a strat, I would be grabbing that. I love that color too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

pretty awesome cosmetics too. dig the pickguard.

ok I'm well aware of the press the CV series gets. Tell me the details on the 50's strat.
    Pickups?
    Neck?

I have a 97 Am.Std. on loan from a neighbor (4 years now...) that's never caught my attention. comfy body, but the sound is meh, and the pots are poor. How might this compare to that?
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

What size are the frets? I like jumbo frets.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the specs from Fender:

Body: Alder
    Body Shape: Stratocaster®
    Neck: Maple
    Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
    Number of Frets: 21
    Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
    Position Inlays: Black Dot
    Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
    Neck Material: Maple
    Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
    Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
    Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
    Pickup Configuration: S/S/S
    Bridge Pickup: Custom Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Bridge Pickup
    Middle Pickup: Custom Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Middle Pickup
    Neck Pickup: Custom Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Neck Pickup
    Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade (pos. 2 & 4 hum-cancelling)
    Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
    Hardware: Chrome
    Bridge: Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
    String Nut: Synthetic Bone
    Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Tuning Machines
    Switch Tip: Aged White Switch Tip
    Tremolo Arm/Handle: Vintage Style Tremolo Arm
    Unique Features: Aged White Knobs, Pickup Covers and Switch Tip, Black Dot Position Inlays, Vintage Styling, Synthetic Bone Nut

The electronics on this guitar are very solid, and the pickups are excellent--far from the cheap ones that generally come on less expensive guitars. The scuttlebutt is that these are essentially Tonerider pickups made for Squier/Fender, but with plastic insulation on the wiring instead of cloth. Very chimey & articulate, archetypal Strat tone.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD!! Thanks for looking....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the lucky winner!

I would have bought it if you were in Canada.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

A guy over in the other forum I moderate....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I was snoozin'
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

If you be snoozin', then you be losin'....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

yesterday no have.today different story. oh well.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Bob I can't keep up with your sales either!