Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What Multi effect pedal

Thread: What Multi effect pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Multi effect pedal

As I'm just starting out kit wise, I'm still working out my sound. As such I don't know which pedals I will and won't use. I thought I'd get a multi effects pedal, at least teach me what does what. I can always get stand alone later.

So, what's good & what's worth avoiding? I mainly play rock & metal, budget is around $350. So far I'm leaning towards the Boss ME70, but I value your opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Boss or Line6 are both pretty solid bets. Boss is better built but Line6 tends to have better sounding effects. $350 goes a long way towards a really nice used setup. Get a nice enough multi-effects unit and you may not fool with single pedals at all. Though that would surely go against my grain.

Post Thanks / Like

The top end Digitech pedals like the RP500 or RP1000 can easily be under your budget. They offer a lot of features, especially the RP1000. I also wouldn't shy away from the new Zoom G5. Plenty of folks are saying good things about them.

Last time I saw Queensryche they were using the rack version of the RP1000. Sounded pretty good to me.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

GC has a DeltaLab pedal on sale at the moment for $69 down from $99 that gets pretty good reviews, and includes a wah and volume pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What Multi effect pedal

I have an hd300 and love it. I probably use my pocket pod just as much though. Do you really need a huge stable of amphs?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have been playing for 40+ years....always loved Boss individual pedals, so of course I bought three different Boss Multi FX units, but I never liked them. Ultimately the one I loved the best (and I tried Boss, Digitech, Line 6, and Vox) was an older Korg model AX1500G...still the best as far as I'm concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried & sold my multi FX pedals, I found them rather artificial tonewise, but they have come a long way in the past few years.
    Plus I found I spend more time fiddling with them than playing.

I just use separate pedals.
    Mind you I have not tried a Line6 HD 500 as yet, but probably out of your price range anyway unless you go for the HD300.
    Ah I just noticed you are a fellow Antipodean, you have to pay through the nose for gear to, unless you buy from USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Vizier View Post
    I have tried & sold my multi FX pedals, I found them rather artificial tonewise, but they have come a long way in the past few years.
    Plus I found I spend more time fiddling with them than playing.

I just use separate pedals.
    Mind you I have not tried a Line6 HD 500 as yet, but probably out of your price range anyway unless you go for the HD300.
    I'm in the same boat. I enjoy the simple controls of each dedicated pedal, and the choices these days are incredible.
    I sold my HD500 for this reason. Yes, it sounded really good, but it still didn't suit my tone needs and desire for intuitive controls.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses, very helpful.

My main reason for looking at multi effects rather than separates, is that I done yet know which way my tone will develop. If I get a multi effects unit I can experiment with a variety of effects and maybe later on get separates when I know what I want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, I just saw this in an email:
    Vox Amplification Announces StompLab Series Multi-Effects Pedals
    http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/...-pedals/149430

Street price will be $69 and $89 US, respectively.

(photos are not to scale)

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad, wonder if they'll sell in Aus?

Post Thanks / Like

The zoom is pretty stellar.