Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
grace

Thread: grace

Post Thanks / Like

Default grace

Does anyone else like grace potter and the nocturnals B-3 organ sexy!!! Who knew vermont had a swamp,southern rock blues scene She has mixed it up this last album so I still like the early stuff

http://www.gracepotter.com/
    Last edited by mrmudcat; September 25th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I stumbled upon Grace and the nocturnals in a side tent at 2 in the afternoon at Austin City Limits in 2007. it was 100 degrees. Fans blasting on the stage. She was wearing denim cutoffs and a white v neck t shirt. Playing her B3 perpendicular to the crowd - facing the guitarists with the drum kit to her left. She had the drop jawed - rapt attention of every person in the tent, male and female....all 200 of us.....that was BEFORE she took a oversized plastic beer stein full of water....you know the type....commemorative "souvenirs" of events like that.....took the beer stein of water, while seated at the organ.....exagerratedly arched her back, put her face to the sky and poured it, not slowly, but not a dump either, poured it on her forehead.

did I mention white v neck t shirt and denim cutoffs?

played one more song at the organ, THEN took her place behind the mic with her flying V.

Oh, and they Rocked, too.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan.

Now before you write me off as a creep....I've seen hundreds and hundreds of shows. I've NEVER experienced the energy she has as a performer. She commands full attention....truly exceptional. And, the woman has pipes you can't believe, holds her own with Raitt, Tedeschi, Adele, Winehouse.....as a guitarist....that's a bit of a prop. That V is their primarily as a phallic symbol. She keeps it tuned to open G and simply bars various frets. But that's FINE. She's adding to the sonic landscape and she is performing in every sense of the word.

About six months later I saw her perform with Gov't Mule (still 2007) Nocturnals were the opening band, and then Grace did several encore numbers along side Warren. I've seen her another 4 times I think since. Last time was at the House of Blues in Chicago. I have to tell you I was a bit disappointed. Stilettos and a barely there white sequined cocktail dress, a very very slick production. It wasn't the raw sexual rock n roll energy of the sweaty Texas tent revival, or the Blues rock vibe with mule, or the small club barely containing the rising star. Suddenly it was corporate/ego/$$$$ production. Don't know how that can be avoided. I hope she can keep it real like Tedeschi and Raitt have. She's amazing.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    Who knew vermont had a swamp,southern rock blues scene
    You know, Tedeschi is from Boston. Brad Delp and Steven Tyler are from New Hampshire. Got a buddy named Dave Gerard, toured with Traveler, Radiators, DMB, Little Feat, has a huge soulful voice. Also from New Hampshire. I personally tend to fashion myself after Paul Rogers/David Clayton Thomas/Burton Cummings. Something about the clean Northern New England air makes you want to belt it out, I guess.

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, though I don't know if I'm a bigger fan of her music or her legs. I know I certainly enjoyed both in this:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

recording session from last september. The host writes fantastic essays about the performers.

http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert...054819-3737713

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Yup, though I don't know if I'm a bigger fan of her music or her legs. I know I certainly enjoyed both in this:

Wow, that bass player is smokin' hot too.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, dude! Have you seen their gig on "Storytellers" ? One of the best I have ever seen. She is so incredibly sexy-groovy.

Post Thanks / Like

Good music, fo' sho!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The first few albums were smokin' hot: Original Soul (2004), Nothing but the Water (2005), Live, Oh Five (2005), This is Somewhere (2007)
    The recent two were really disappointing. They moved into a commercial direction that is almost lifeless by comparison. Hopefully, the band will reclaim their early strengths: gritty, soulful, bluesy rock.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100%...............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    The first few albums were smokin' hot: Original Soul (2004), Nothing but the Water (2005), Live, Oh Five (2005), This is Somewhere (2007)
    The recent two were really disappointing. They moved into a commercial direction that is almost lifeless by comparison. Hopefully, the band will reclaim their early strengths: gritty, soulful, bluesy rock.

Yep. I'm skeptical. But that would be cool if it happens.

Post Thanks / Like