Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So stressed

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default So stressed

Stay positive. It took me a long time to not worry about every thing every time. I worked for a long time at my last job and had to watch great friends and coworkers let go to save the bottom line. My number came up and I used the time to spend with my family. It was, in retrospect, a blessing to be able to do that. I ended up with an even better gig. I used to believe that the more things change the more they suck but that's not the truth. The truth is everything changes and you really need to roll with them and look for opportunities it brings. I have no doubt you'll be fine.

Best wishes to you and your family.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good words Pete. I have been working to learn the same. Some weeks it is easier to do that than others, but I am learning.

Glacies, hang in there! And congrats on the new job!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is working out. I got hired as a Senior Controls Engineer for a manufacturing research facility. I'm pretty excited about it. It's a top of the line facility with toys I've never even heard of. Past that, my wife made it through the rough patch earlier this week, so we're good and healthy now, grandfather made it out just fine, and we're meeting with the real estate agent next week. The company threw in a surprise relocation package that is making my life much easier.

Start date is Oct 1. I'll be staying with my wife's sister and her husband during the transition and coming home on the weekends ~3 hour drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All great news, just in time to take a big load off of your shoulders.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have a lot of time to work on my lead while I'm up there so i'm going to be bugging you guys about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12