Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Considering a Carvin Bolt-on

Thread: Considering a Carvin Bolt-on

Post Thanks / Like

Default Considering a Carvin Bolt-on

Can anyone talk to me about these?

A left-handed friend of mine has one and basically buys nothing but Carvin gear. The thing sounds great, I love the tone, but I obviously can't play it (because I'm a normal person :P ). Carvin seems to have a good deal going that if I build one and don't like it I can return it. I have played around with some of the options and love the guitar that I can build, and the price I can build it for.

If I get this job and have to move, I would like to gift myself with a good strat and right now its between the American Standard or the Carvin Bolt-on (which I haven't played yet). Who has these, what do you think about them, how do you compare them to the American Strat?

Post Thanks / Like

There is one on the local Craigslist that has been calling my name for a while.

But, I have to admit that I barely have any time for guitar these days and my Epiphone serves the purpose just fine.

Kiteman had a Carvin bolt and loved it. He should be able to provide some perspective.

If it were my choice, I'd likely go for either the bolt or a G&L strat.

Post Thanks / Like

I had several carvins they are really awesome!!!!!!!!! They compare in quality to american fender. Fender uses better pots and there is much debate on which pups sound better with fender having more choices.Carvin guitars rock.Voodoo has a carvin and I believe kiteman!!

Post Thanks / Like

Carvin is the *only* company that I would buy from sight unseen, without trying a similar model in a music store...

They are built well, and their return policy looks great in case you don't get exactly what you asked for. I don't own one, but I have played a couple and both were flawless, and built like freakin' tanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quality & workmanship on my CT6 is just fantastic. I haven't played the Bolt model, but I would certainly expect a comparable level of quality. Carvin is a great company from everything I've seen & heard....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!