Thread: Budgie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Budgie

I thought some of you guys might enjoy this if you have not seen before.
    A friend gave me this CD on the weekend "Never Turn Your Back On a Friend" by Budgie.
    An Awesome old band from the 70's.
    Check out this track "Breadfan"
    I think you might like this

Post Thanks / Like

Big Budgie fan here. We used to cover songs from Impeccable and Britannia. More Americans need to check these guys out.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Metallica's cover of this tune is one of my all time favorites. Budgie is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Big fan here also

Post Thanks / Like

Been into these guys from In For The Kill, loved the cover and then fell in love with their unique sound. To me, Tony Bourge is the equal to Jimmy Page in playing styles. I dreamed of them coming to America/LA, but I split for far away greener pastures in '75. They finally did come over and hit LA's Starwood with me winging my way over the Pacific to catch the show, with little margin for flight error, which of course is all I encountered. Made it to the gig just as they left the stage... I sat down and cried! Funny enuf, decades later the Rarest Eggs dbl. CD was released and on one CD was this entire show! Would have loved to actually have seen them, but at least I can hear it for a lifetime, and they kicked ***.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln View Post
    Been into these guys from In For The Kill, loved the cover and then fell in love with their unique sound. To me, Tony Bourge is the equal to Jimmy Page in playing styles. I dreamed of them coming to America/LA, but I split for far away greener pastures in '75. They finally did come over and hit LA's Starwood with me winging my way over the Pacific to catch the show, with little margin for flight error, which of course is all I encountered. Made it to the gig just as they left the stage... I sat down and cried! Funny enuf, decades later the Rarest Eggs dbl. CD was released and on one CD was this entire show! Would have loved to actually have seen them, but at least I can hear it for a lifetime, and they kicked ***.
    Oh what a bummer you missed that show!
    I have never been lucky enough to see a Budgie gig myself but my mate that gave me the cd has & reckons it was awesome.
    Great to see some fans of this band in the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

To me, one of rock's great tragedies was the virtual disappearance from the music scene by Tony. The little he did afterwards was nothing compared to his years with Budgie, and Budgie were never the same without him. At least he's alive and hopefully happy with his choices in life. Long live Budgie!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude had a pretty kickin' acoustic simulator pedal for that SG back in..... whatever year this is...(edit - just checked..1973??!?!?!)

Nice.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan