Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
close to you baby boogie

Thread: close to you baby boogie

Post Thanks / Like

Default close to you baby boogie

Still working with the new LP to see what it will and won't do well. Here's some woodshedding over an old but rockin blues BT. LP through my Traynor Darkhorse at 5W. Added some candy on mixing but not much. Comments welcome as always.

https://www.box.com/s/virihknb70csbkdftwk4
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Nice slidin' starting at 0:35 on! What kind of slide do you use here? Which finger do you slide with? Must say you've got the alternating fret/slide down to a science. Great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for listening, piebaldpython. I use brass slides, and wear them on my baby finger.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

One emoticon sums up your playing and the tones coming from the L.P./Traynor amp!!!

I know your just noodling but Duane would of approved brother!!! That shit gave me goosebumps so I know if your a tone chaser like me you have to be pleased with your sound!!! If your hard on youself like me you might listen and pick out a few minor flaws in your playing(I didnt hear any) but as far as tone your on the crab!!!!

Have you ever tried glass brother good glass???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for listening mrmudcat. You're right about always chasing tone -- but the LP is getting pretty darn close, especially with my Lone Star. With a gig rig of the Strat through the gain channel, gain backed way down and drive turned off, and LP through the clean channel gain running at 7, with the Tele in the rack backing things up, and I am one happy old camper. If my arthritic playing matched my gear I'd be even happier, but ya can't have everything and it sure is fun trying.
    Never tried that sort of slide but will watch for it. For reasons not clear to me I struggle with glass. Steel is too bright so brass is a good compromise.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

Soundin' mighty fine there! Enjoyed the slide you mixed in!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for listening DVM. Glad you liked it.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

I'm digging the slide too! Well done, Helliott.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fer takin the time to listen and comment, P&G
    helliott in Hamilton