Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got me a Blues Deluxe !!

Thread: Got me a Blues Deluxe !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Got me a Blues Deluxe !!

After a year or so with my Blackstar HT40 I finally parted company with it as it just wasn't working out for me as reported here

So I decided the most important feature of any gigging amp is a great clean sound at any volume, so with that it had to be a Fender. Having played a HRDlx for several years I knew that I loved a fender clean but with the HRDlx I never found a combination of pedals with the clean channel that worked for a tight rock tone. So I was at a local music store a couple of weeks back and decided to try the Blues Deluxe, after about 20mins I had to have it! It's got a great clean channel without being quite as ice pickie than the HRDlx. The second channel has very little gain but this is great as it can be used as a solo boost with just a bit more hair on it than the clean. I love the fact that the reverb is foot switchable too, so can be turned off when using a heavier sound where too much verb just doesn't suit. The icing on the cake though is how well it works with dirt pedals, I'm getting great crunchy tones with the drive models on my M13, especially the tube drive model.

So all in all I think I've done pretty well, I've got a fantastic clean, better than the HRDlx and well ahead of the Blackstar. I can get great crunch tones with the right pedals and the second channel works as a lead boost. Oh and it looks pretty sexy in tweed.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations.

Cool Fender amp. I bet it will serve you well. Nice strat as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. The Blues Deluxe is a universal workhorse with big, bold & beautiful, 6L6 cleans.
    Loud as hell. I use one in a rock band, and hit it with a "brown" sound-type pedal. Have fun with it.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a sweet amp for sure! I'm almost thinking about buying one too! It's a blues machine for sure.

Congrats Lev!

Nice photo too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful rig, Lev. That's all you need to have great tone (well, and a couple pedals for the rock stuff...) Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HNAmphD!
    Nice to see that it is exactly what you need.

40 watts is a bit much for me, so the '65 Deluxe Reverb would be a better fit in my case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Got me a Blues Deluxe !!

Yeah, the 65 Deluxe would have been my first choice but unfortunately it was out of my price range new and I've rarely seen used ones come up on this part of the world. My new Blues Deluxe is a shop display model so I got it for €200 less than a new one. I got a good price for my Blackstar so the change worked out well financially too.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar