Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Reverb Pedal Rec anyone?

Thread: Reverb Pedal Rec anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Reverb Pedal Rec anyone?

Looking at the Boss FRV-1. I had to give back the M9 I was using, and using the '63 Spring reverb setting, along with my Fender Concert. The Concert does not have reverb. The Boss unit looks pretty decent. Any other recs or thoughts? Anyone looking to unload one? Not opposed to buying used pedals.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

When my Holy Grail went out a yr and a half ago....(footswitch became tempermental), I ordered a DVM "Spring Fever" and I'm now realizing I've never photographed it! File that under "no news is good news". It works wonderfully.

Mind you my reverb demands... well, pedal demands really, are minimal. I have three amps. One has reverb that doesn't work well (Bugera) and no tremolo. One has tremolo which works GREAT (ampeg) and no reverb. the third (Lanilei) has neither. So i've got one of each pedal on my board, but when I use them I find I'm just adding a little space/depth to the
    sound. I don't get drippy wet with it, but it does that in spades. I tend to leave it set low, and it's on or off. But it works great, built like a tank, and doesn't look like everything else out there.

Mine looks just like this. Love it. If DVM will make another, that would be my recommendation.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

AAMOF, BYOC just came out with a "new & improved" version of their reverb pedal, called....the Reverb 2. (Yeah, I know--not a lot of pizzazz there! ) Features the second generation Belton BTDR reverb module, which is significantly smaller than the first gen "brick", and will consequently fit in a standard 125B pedal enclosure. Keith also eliminated the tone control, which I always thought was of questionable usefulness on a reverb pedal, anyway. I've built one, and I think it's a better balanced pedal than the Reverb 1, which I found to have a tad too much reverb on tap (which is why I modified each one I built to tame it a bit and make it easier to dial in lower reverb amounts). But this one is perfect in stock form. It is also a stupid-easy build and is $10 cheaper than the original at $80 for the kit. So why don't you give it a go yourself, Steve? Here's the BYOC product link: http://buildyourownclone.com/reverb.html
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That sounds like it could be a good way to go. It would be fun to finally build one too! I am going to check it out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This just showed up in an email today. More choices might make it harder, though.
    Five Essential Guitar Reverb Pedals
    http://www.guitarworld.com/wet-n-wil...-reverb-pedals

Post Thanks / Like

If you are not averse to using cheapo pedals give a Biyang Baby Boom RV-10 a go, I picked mine up new for $35 & am more than happy with the job it does.
    Some of the low price pedals are very good value I have a Joyo US Dream on the way to my hot little hands at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, the build looks fun, but it would be very easy just to find a TC Hall of Fame, Fender, or Digitech used on fleabay or at GC. I think any of those three would work fine for me.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hall of Fame $129 while they last...
    http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=15642

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Hmm, the build looks fun, but it would be very easy just to find a TC Hall of Fame, Fender, or Digitech used on fleabay or at GC.
    I didn't realize that "easy" was the objective here. Yep, buying is the easy route, but you'll miss out on (1) the enjoyment of building your own pedal, (2) the learning experience of the build, and (3) the satisfaction of stomping on a great sounding reverb pedal that you know YOU built. Just sayin'....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

watch your step, SVL, don't trip over the gauntlet.....

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Strymon Flint and it performs quite nicely, especially if you have a desire for tremolo. They are expensive though, and if I'm honest with myself, you could probably get a nice 'verb for less. The trem is VERY good though, so it's a keeper for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Coupla shots of my Reverb 2 build. I haven't gotten around to painting & decaling it yet. A simple 2-knob affair--reverb depth (R) and dwell (D). The gut shot shows how relatively simple the build is--not many components to mount and minimal wiring. The Belton reverb module mounts to the bottom side of the PCB, so you can't see that. It's about 2" x 1 1/2" x 3/8", I'd estimate.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the TCE Hall of Fame; more options on that thing than on most amphs. A very versatile 'verb, but probably more than I need. It is kind of cool that you can download "Toneprints" for it, too. There aren't a whole lot of options for the Toneprints, though.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't settled on one yet...
    check out the "Wet" Reverb and the Hermida Reverb. I have the Hermida, and I love it because it's inexpensive, has one knob & sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the Biyang pedal. I find it to be a great pedal with a nice build quality. I wasn't thrilled with the Holy Grail.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should build it and they will come!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys. I ended up just going for a Line 6 M9 after all, as I really liked the reverb in it, and can use it for a lot of other things too!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson