Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Uggghhhh Just my luck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uggghhhh Just my luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Uggghhhh Just my luck

Someone gave me a 63 Strat.

Just kidding. Visibility in town right now is about one mile. This is the heaviest smoke all year, and there is absolutely no breeze either. I was hoping to take off and climb another 12,000' foot peak tomorrow. But it looks like (Cheech and Chong) I'm gonna be smoked out, and just when I got 2 days off in a row to do it too.

So many people are not doing well with this. Lots of red, itchy eyes, continual sneezing, wheezing and a real energy drain. Someone out west crank up a stack and blow this stuff out of here.... please.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to see a mountain range , just across town, whose tops should be about where the electrical wires are in the middle of the frame.

...but you can't.

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked at pic above for hours but still dont see a 63 strat visibility sux brother!!!

Post Thanks / Like

All the same, I'm gonna keep on lookin til I see one.

Meanwhile, anyone want a hit of this? It's hard to avoid today.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    I have looked at pic above for hours but still dont see a 63 strat visibility sux brother!!!

As to the smoke, that crap will mess you up, even just a few day's exposure.

Wow, I suddenly remember my Dad telling me (he was a firefighter in the late 50's) that firefighters used to go into smoke-filled buildings without breathing apparatus because it was macho, and then come out and smoke a cigarette.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunset photo

Went out tonight well before sunset with the camera. I was out for around 35 minutes and when I got back to the car and home my eyes were itching terribly bad. Nasty stuff for sure.

The sun vanished about halfway from where it is to the horizon. Totally not able to see it. This stuff is really thick.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow......we never get stuff like that in Philly.

However, Tuesday nite was a different story. I work in a 7 story building that is roughly 2 blocks from the EL-train platform. I was on the platform and couldn't see my building 2 blocks away to the West......so I turned 180' and looked out over the Delaware River....and to the SE I couldn't see the Ben Franklin Bridge 1/2mile away......and to the NE I couldn't see the Betsy Ross Bridge a couple miles away. These bridges are HUGE suckers.

The reason why I couldn't see these 3 monoliths.....a blinding downpour that slammed into us at dinner time. Man-o-man we have been having CRAZY weather around these parts this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Pie - send some of that water out our way.

Post Thanks / Like

Man we sure had our fill of smoke last year I know what that's like. They make for cool sun photos though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post

I sure wish I could. Everything is green and growing like crazy. There's no such thing as a "nice, gentle rain" around these parts anymore. The other week, they had tornadoes in Queens and Brooklyn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone View Post
    Man we sure had our fill of smoke last year I know what that's like. They make for cool sun photos though.
    I'm about over it. We are not quite as bad as Spudley right now, but bad enough that I have chosen not to go out on any MTB rides this week. It is my favorite time of year to ride too. Hopefully, the weather is supposed to change over the weekend and clear it out again. At least in my part of Idaho. Hoping . . .
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post

Had a very similar view as that at sunrise last week. Off-shore flow was bringing smoke over the Cascades from fires in E. Washington.

I'll crank up some fans and try to blow some clean Pacific air your way Spud and Steve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yuck. It got worse over here again today. Can't even see top of Baldy from my office. (less than a mile). Eyes itching, sneezing, throat kinda sore. Bleh.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Steve, you need giant balls...
    to get around in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Steve(s), you need giant balls...
    to get around in.

Fixed.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I already got some pretty big balls...that's why I went for a hike today. Kind of like being back in the nightclubs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd avoid a mountain descent in the giant gerbil ball.
    You'd look like you went through a Bass-A-Matic at the bottom!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yay!!! It is a bright, sun shiny day!!

Looks like it is better over your way too spuddy! Check out the real time air monitoring. A right now it is shows good in my area (up by the SNRA) and toward Spud near the where it says "fort hall" lower and to the right from me.

http://airquality.deq.idaho.gov/
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast