Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
NGD электрическая гитара Aelita

Thread: NGD электрическая гитара Aelita

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD электрическая гитара Aelita

As some of you may know, I got a Soviet made guitar "Ural" a few months ago. Here is the thread Since I have some contacts in the former Soviet Union I decided that the Ural needed a "friend" to discuss "Das Kapital" with. So I got my latest Russian Beauty!

IMG_0321 by mapka2000, on Flickr

This is an Aelita. About the same vintage as the Ural (late 70's - early 80's).

IMG_0322 by mapka2000, on Flickr

She got a little damaged in the shipping, but nothing that cannot be repaired. Tail piece is a Vibrato unit that just came apart and took the brigde off its mounting post. The nut also fell out. It goes to the luthier on Saturday.

I got the original soft case, strap, truss rod nut tool, and strings with it. The coolest accessory however is the owners manual. It is printed on very cheap paper so I am sure not many survived.

IMG_0323 by mapka2000, on Flickr

I got the Ural setup as best as it could be setup. It has great sounding electronics on it, but the neck is horrible. I cannot wait till I get the Aelita playable to see how it compares.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is an interesting looking guitar! Won't find too many of those at the neighborhood jams!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    That is an interesting looking guitar! Won't find too many of those at the neighborhood jams!
    Unless your neighborhood is around Moscow or St. Petersburg....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Doh!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Unless your neighborhood is around Moscow or St. Petersburg....
    Even then they are pretty rare in nice condition. Most got beat to death (similar to what happened with Taisco stuff here)
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mapka View Post
    Even then they are pretty rare in nice condition. Most got beat to death (similar to what happened with Taisco stuff here)

If anyone ever runs across some youtube vids with these russian style axes in action (Moscow or St. Petersburg punk?), post them! It would be really cool to see!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Cool guitar. I've not seen one like it at cheesyguitars.com, but a friend has a Czech guitar that he uses for slide at gigs.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Definite industrial feel. I kind of dig it!
    Last edited by Katastrophe; September 22nd, 2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added another video

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a little metaphysical, but the guitar sort of reminds me of Arnold Swartzenegger playing Ivan Danko in the '88 movie, "Red Heat". There is just something about the whole vibe there. Very decked out and strong, but somehow clunky at the same time.

As far as the guitar goes at face value, it could be very cool to mess around with. I hope it turns out great.

The Soviets made a motorcycle called a "Ural". It has six or eight horse power - something like that. They might even still make them. I think it was a "people's" vehicle; very unreliable and almost impossible to get parts. It was an odd contraption compared to a contemporary Jap sport bike. Oh, they do still make them and they are probably about thirty, maybe forty horsepower, and are higher compression; but don't look too bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post

Definite industrial feel. I kind of dig it!
    That is pretty fun! Though I am not a fan of the vocals. I want to find a recording with less effects so I can get a better feel for the sound of the guitar. But you can certainly rock or punk out with one!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    That is pretty fun! Though I am not a fan of the vocals. I want to find a recording with less effects so I can get a better feel for the sound of the guitar. But you can certainly rock or punk out with one!
    When my music teacher comes over I will record a few sound bytes and share them here. I will not be able to get any of the Aelita up for a while, but will get some of the Ural. Both guitars use three push on/off switches to turn on the pickups. You can have any combination of pups on. The other three switches are for tone filters, ala Gretsch or Hagstrom Swede.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    It's a little metaphysical, but the guitar sort of reminds me of Arnold Swartzenegger playing Ivan Danko in the '88 movie, "Red Heat". There is just something about the whole vibe there. Very decked out and strong, but somehow clunky at the same time.

As far as the guitar goes at face value, it could be very cool to mess around with. I hope it turns out great.

The Soviets made a motorcycle called a "Ural". It has six or eight horse power - something like that. They might even still make them. I think it was a "people's" vehicle; very unreliable and almost impossible to get parts. It was an odd contraption compared to a contemporary Jap sport bike. Oh, they do still make them and they are probably about thirty, maybe forty horsepower, and are higher compression; but don't look too bad.
    They also come with sidecars and 2 wheel drive. If I remember correctly they were copies of pre "Great Patriotic War" (WW 2 to most of us) BMW's

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! And good luck, tovarich.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Congrats! And good luck, tovarich.
    spasibo!

Post Thanks / Like

As promised here is a sound byte of the Ural. When I get the Aelita in working order I will post them also.

http://soundcloud.com/mapka/ural

The description explains the pup progression. The tone switches were all done with the center pup. It was played through my blues deluxe amp and was recorded with my Iphone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, that's a nice sounding guitar! Very cool! Bright, has clarity, and some warmth too. Nice playing also!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It indeed sounds different than I thought it would. If I had to guess based purely on the audio, I'd have guessed it was a Tele. Nice score!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    It indeed sounds different than I thought it would. If I had to guess based purely on the audio, I'd have guessed it was a Tele. Nice score!
    That is what I would have thought if I had to guess blindly as well. But it has its own thing going on too. I like it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson