Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NPDx2!

Thread: NPDx2!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool NPDx2!

Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
    It has a medium amount of overdrive, but very articulate note definition thanks to the clean signal blend. It is as if you layered 2 amps, 1 dirty and 1 clean. It really hits the mild crunch to moderately driven sweet spot when pushing a clean amp. Think REM's "The One I Love" intro. The tone control places it in sparkle-ish when turned to the high side, which works great for Gretsch and Tele sounds, similar to the Wampler Paisley Drive. I haz love.

TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato with Tone Print
    This just came out and is available only at GC and MF. Take the sweet tri chorus of their Corona Chorus pedal, and add a vibrato circuit, and you have a double duty pedal. The chorus does exactly like it should, almost invisible to the ears until you turn it off. It really fills in some nice depth without messing with your original tone.
    The vibrato has plenty of speed and depth range, sounding close to a Leslie. I won't use it as much, but wanted the option.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm really enjoying the Sparkle Drive. It sounds and feels like an old Tweed Deluxe, minus the hefty price tag. This may be the best sounding pedal I own.

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal and Lap Steelers really love their Sparkle Drive pedals if all the love they get on the SteelGuitarForum is true.