Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swedish all girl blues band

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swedish all girl blues band

Ever heard of Little Jenny and the blue beans, an all female blues band from Sweden?
    Yesterday, I have read an article on them in the German Blues News magazine and out of pure excitement I visited their site.

Really a fantastic band.

Sweden scares me - not only that the band Europe made a fantastic comeback and poeple like Thomas Larsson / Matthias Eklundh and Plankton blew me away recently, now Sweden presents us such a great female blues band......OMG!!!!

http://www.thebluebeans.com/

Greetz
    Jimi75

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Ever heard of Little Jenny and the blue beans, an all female blues band from Sweden?
    Yesterday, I have read an article on them in the German Blues News magazine and out of pure excitement I visited their site.

Really a fantastic band.

Sweden scares me - not only that the band Europe made a fantastic comeback and poeple like Thomas Larsson / Matthias Eklundh and Plankton blew me away recently, now Sweden presents us such a great female blues band......OMG!!!!

http://www.thebluebeans.com/

Greetz
    Jimi75
    jimi
    You've just touched the tip of the iceberg. Sweden is THE place for good music these days. I think it is now the 3rd producer of music exports. Although I watched some of the Swedish Idol finals I can't say that I was impressed with that though even though the winner is now in Liquid Scarlet.

I'm sure Super Swede and Robert have a better handle on this than me but the list is long and rewarding: Karmakanic, The Flower Kings, The Cardigans, Pain Of Salvation, Krister Jonnson, Tomas Bodin, Flying Food Circus, A.C.T., Hammerfall, Jonas Hellborg, Evergrey, Therion, Kaipa, Opeth, Tad Morose, Yngwie Malmsteen, Mind's Eye and on and on.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget
    Ace of Base (yuck)
    Europe
    ABBA
    Roxette
    and
    SuperSwede

and check out a talented girl from my home town (I know her quite well) - http://www.lisamiskovsky.com/
    Last edited by Robert; December 22nd, 2006 at 11:40 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Robert, don't forget everyone wants cases of that special Swedish water from you and Superswede for Christmas. I had a listen, very nice, pretty girl.

Post Thanks / Like

Atomic Swing!
    Backyard Babies (from my little town!)
    The Hellacopters
    Entombed
    Sky High

And lots of other bands...

Robert, you know Lisa Miskovksky??? My wife loves her music! Perhaps you could arrange a autograph for her?

Ted, you can get that from IKEA.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Myles Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Ace of Base (yuck)
    Okay I was going to let this slide, but after some office banter between Robert and I, I've decided I must be heard!

What's wrong with Ace of Base!!?!?!

When I was in Grade 6, they were the Greatest!!

"I saw the sign, it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign!" (complete lyrics)

Post Thanks / Like

You are right Vital, there is something epic about this line too:

"Its not a day for work
    Its a day for catching tan
    Just laying on the beach and having fun
    Shes going to get you
    "
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Let's quickly stop the Ace of Base talk, or I will lock the thread and delete all posts related to that band! LOL Ok, just kidding.

Yes, I know Lisa. I can ask her for an autograph, sure. She is a super duper nice girl. One of the most down-to-earth, friendly people you'll ever meet.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert, I know my wife would like that. She has all her albums.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked Lisa's site....

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Really a fantastic band.
    Thanks Jimi! I agree: Fantastic band.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey tot, great you like this band.
    How about the others - did you check the link?

I mean we all like handmade blues don't we and this band is damn cool...

Post Thanks / Like

I know of the bass player in this band. She's been touring and paying her dues with the bigger names in Sweden for many years, both as bass player and background vocalist.

Awesome band. I think the guitar player is a session player too, and I've seen her in house bands on TV shows. SuperSwede probably knows more.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always interested in anything that contains the words "Swedish" and "all-girl."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I would like to trivialize about is that from what I can tell they actually don't write the majority of their material. Does anyone know otherwise?
    On the sounds page of their web site only two of the tunes listed are by someone in the band. I would think for it to be authentic you would have to live it to some degree and then write about it, not just sing what someone else wrote for you.
    I do think they sound good but is this another record company production group?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another really good almost-girl-only band from Sweden. The Slaptones!

http://www.slaptones.net/

Post Thanks / Like

@ Spudman:
    As far as I know on their new Cd they only cover one singel Elmore James song, the rest of the material is composed by the band.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Spudman:
    As far as I know on their new Cd they only cover one singel Elmore James song, the rest of the material is composed by the band.
    Cool. I couldn't find much more info on them so that is good to hear that they write too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Here is another really good almost-girl-only band from Sweden. The Slaptones!

http://www.slaptones.net/
    Ya that one girl must have some hormone issues because her face is a little more than hairy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast