Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Derek Trucks at 13 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derek Trucks at 13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that, Robert. Great clip. I saw DT in 1990, performing with members of the Allman Bros, and Stephen Stills, at a benefit for former Florida governor Lawton Chiles. I'd never heard of him before that and my jaw dropped when he started playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump to say:
    We should have heard from DWM's TTB report by now...
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

DWM?? Is that Duhweirdoman? Or maybe my wife--DuhWoMan. Anyways....

Yes indeedy! The show was Sunday night at the Palace Theatre in downtown Albany. Good crowd, outstanding show--last show this year for the band, AAMOF. Susan Tedeschi's voice is just so powerful and true--my daughter is a singer, quite extensively trained, and Susan really impressed her. Derek, of course, is just flat amazing. The level of musicianship throughout the band is very, very impressive--not a slouch among the eleven of them. For whatever reason, Oteil Burbridge was not with them, and bass duties were more than ably filled by George Porter Jr., a legend in the New Orleans music scene.

They did several of the tunes off Revelator and Everybody's Talkin' (though, oddly, not the titular track), a couple of numbers from the repertoire of Derek's old band (with Mike Mattison stepping up for the lead vocals), plus several tunes I hadn't heard them do previously. One of the high points of the evening--and a complete surprise to me--was when they opened the show with the old George Harrison tune Wah-Wah, off All Things Must Pass. Didn't see that one comin'! They played for a solid two hours, including a 3-song encore. I'll post a set list, if I can find one. Bottom line....GREAT SHOW!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, sorry DVM, I think I just miss-typed on my new tablet...

I was the the TTB Boston show on Thursday, and wrote my blurb here ("Track Your Show.." thread).

A lot of fun, indeed!
    As posted by me in the other thread, the TTB allows taping audio from shows, and you can find them at bt.etree dot org. I found out by asking one of the folks with the audio equipment ( and may help them out in the future?). Note that the Philly shows are also there, as well as setlists!

Oteil has left to raise a family, I read.
    George was having a good time - I was close enough to the edge of stage (standing room, one can sneak in) that he noticed my appreciation for a nice bass line, he cracked a smile and nodded -while my neighbors were too busy screaming "Any Day"!

A funny note: spouse and I got in early (enjoyed Charlie Mars) and made friends with an 80-yaer old grandma from ST's hometown (south of Boston), a blues fan herself, there to celebrate her birthday with family...!

EDIT to add: DT current way of strumming is quite like shown on the "DT at 13" vid above. I was surprised to discover that after the fact.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't from the same show I was at--this vid clip is from a couple of weeks earlier at the Beacon in NYC. But it's essentially the same performance I saw. Great opening number:

And just because I think it's a fantastic performance of a great tune, here's another Tedeschi-Trucks collaboration (and check out the guy in the white cap clapping at the end....):

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    And just because I think it's a fantastic performance of a great tune, here's another Tedeschi-Trucks collaboration (and check out the guy in the white cap clapping at the end....):
    He was singing along at 1:19, too. Oh, and Bill Murray saying "Wow" at 1:36.

Here's a rehearsal of "Love Has Something Else to Say" they posted recently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12