Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
blacktop tele done deal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blacktop tele done deal

Post Thanks / Like

Default blacktop tele done deal

pic soon

was a returned stock from M.F. Broke chipped knob and bent pot post ......no biggie im fixing to gut it and mod it ......oh yea price was $299.......it is the fsr (FENDER SPECIAL RUN) version in swamp ash with orange stain gold anodized p.g. !

This ones mine chase is on a pretty washburn............we are so blessed to have this forum and the very special people here

Post Thanks / Like

If someone want the puppies pm me but although ill consider all requests the ones who have shown me love(alot of you) will be considered first....no monies free on me........................ just saying

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sweet! HNGD, Muddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tig you are so appreciated by me and mine ya just dont know.Hows that saying go Im back baby!!! Well as soon as I put some mississippi queens(BKP) un waxed in and some 550k super pots most likely without a push pull split and jensen pio caps switchcraft switch and jack. I am also going with a hipshot.125 bridge and lockers on the tuning pegs(fender branded or sperzels,tone pros. Hopefully it wont take me to long like a year!!!! The modding for me is good therapy and a blessing.Like voodoo I love the smell of solder in the morning!!! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY..........................

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that Tele is killer... Elements of Tele, Gretsch, LP, and all badass! With the mods you have planned it's just gonna sound killer.

Congrats, fo' sho'!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looking good Muddy!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Looking Tele! Cool pickguard. Have fun with it! Congrats
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Digging the colour Muddy! It really looks great!
    Cheers,
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

These blacktops are a great value.

PROS: Great bodies and the necks are awesome.They are supposed to be american stock and really look and feel better than mexi standard.My neck has atleast 16-20 birdseyes.The rosewood frettboard although very dry was very pretty with lots of striations.It took 5-6 liberal applications of fret honey as the rosewood was thirsty!!! Frets were really dressed nice with no ends sticking out so I might or might not touch them.

CONS: I have heard good things on the pups but they are chinese branded s.d. design and ive seen these in the cheaper epi models and washburn and sub $300 dollar guitars.IMHO the pots unmarked switch/jack are chinese garbage below mexi standard.I have had standards come with cts pots and better switches/jacks.If it works for you thats great but they are not up to my standards personally speaking. Tuners are fender marked and are mexi standard !!! Thanks guys for the comments!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool lookin axe Brother !

A little modded should do it fo sho !!

Lookin forward to hear the result..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Blaze your comments along with everyone elses is appreciated. The M.Q. from bare knuckles is whats going under the hood!!! I am going to get them in the burnt chrome finish.Think harley pipes that are orange ,blue green around the intakes. Forgot to mentiom the control plate is backwards reversed meaning the switch is on the end .I kinda like it as there are no chances of hitting it while strumming and pinky volume swells are much easier!!!! I have a swamp ash fetish and some of my now gone favorite guitars were made with this tonewood. Her name is mississippi queen of course!!!

https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/mai...pickup=emerald

Here is the finish option although these are the emerald humbucker .The queens are p90's in humbucker form!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    CONS: I have heard good things on the pups but they are chinese branded s.d. design and ive seen these in the cheaper epi models and washburn and sub $300 dollar guitars.IMHO the pots unmarked switch/jack are chinese garbage below mexi standard.I have had standards come with cts pots and better switches/jacks.If it works for you thats great but they are not up to my standards personally speaking. Tuners are fender marked and are mexi standard !!! Thanks guys for the comments!!
    The good news is that all of the "bad" things about the guitar are the ones that are easiest to fix. Looks like a sweet deal!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks rev!!! Ive seen the loaded bodies although not in this color and alder instead of ash going for $300+ and the necks for around $200+ on ebay.So $150 for ash body and $150 for the neck is a steal!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet score! That's a great color.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks spud it is an orange stain and the ash grain shows awesome.Crappy computer imbedded camera so the pic is horrible.My camera went to the..................... pay...the..doctors..so..you..dont..get..thrown.off ..the..liver..donor..list..fund................
    Last edited by mrmudcat; November 16th, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That orange ash is bee-you-tee-full! Very nice, Muddy.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Easy brother thats my piece of ash ....go find your own tail

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Muddy, is that you yourself there in that pic? Looking good, man! What's going on on the upper bout - is that a reflection, can't quite make out the scheme there? ANd are you a lefty, or did the photo somehow get flipped in the computer? If it's a lefty, I'd say it was an extra special score as they must be less frequent. Beautiful looking guitar!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep thats my fugly mug!!! TJ Yea reflection,as the body was done sweet!!! No Im righty the pic is flipped it was taking with embedded camera on the puter! I aim to get a camera as soon as possible.I am going to start some project guitars and pay for a part one piece at a time.Hopefully some options I have pan out and I can gain some ground lost......I am not dead yet and I am not laying down fo-sho.....I did have a episode a few days ago but we are dealing with it as I refused to got to the hospice.I need home time family time playing time loving time healing time............ mentally for sure!!!!! Best medicine is family.I think artistic creative types really struggle when not allowed to do so no matter what the limitations are! Peace brother and power supply is on the way hopefully my slow arse hasnt cost you alot in battery money!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast