Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Homebuilt Roland Cube Foot Switch

Thread: Homebuilt Roland Cube Foot Switch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Homebuilt Roland Cube Foot Switch

I bought a Roland Cube 20 XL amp several months ago and love it but always felt it needed a foot switch. The only way to turn the FX loop on/off is to turn the knob to the off position. The knob is also how the FX is selected and adjusted. This mean to turn it on and off you need to change the settings. Not very useful. You can buy a BOSS pedal to use with the Cube, but I wanted something different. The foot switch was the missing link. Makes the amp so much more useful. Here are a few pictures:

Cube Pedal by mapka2000, on Flickr

Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work looks clean inside.

Post Thanks / Like

Kool! Wanna make and sell another one for my Cube 30X? The Boss switches are seriously overpriced, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    Kool! Wanna make and sell another one for my Cube 30X? The Boss switches are seriously overpriced, IMO.
    I still have one small issue to iron out, but when I get that taken care of I will let you know and try and give you a price. The issue I am having is that on the Cube 20XL the FX are on a knob that is off, then cycles through each effect

Untitled by mapka2000, on Flickr

This means that the "normal" state is on so when I push the pedal, it turns the FX off but the LED on the pedal on.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz