Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Spouse has connections we did not know about..!

Thread: Spouse has connections we did not know about..!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spouse has connections we did not know about..!

Turns out that my sweetie is only three-people removed from two (fairly to very) well-known rock musicians...

And they happen to play nearby next month... Hmm (scratches head)
    We have tickets for the fairly-well known act already.

About the very famous one, we knew about the connection in detail (long-time band member), and there were some vague prospects..

Fact is, spouse is retiring from a long career of hard work in the field of child protection services, and it would be way cool if something unusual happened..
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be a tease....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, the (relatively) lesser known act will be in your neck of the woods soon.

Does that help? <grin>

Not telling until something tangible comes up with the shows, as we potentially could score ... don't want to upset the music gods.

Post Thanks / Like

KEWL!

Here's a little known fact not that it matters. My cousin was married to the drummer of Gary Lewis and the Playboys.

Post Thanks / Like

OK Poodles - you gotta dish, I'm in your neck of the woods... Playing in Boston...?

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I cave in... and that's going to ruin my chances of anything happening.

- Susan Tedeschi grew up a bit north of you TJ, and, of course, she had neighbors...

- One of Bob Dylan band members has cousins in the area (maybe too many!)

No word on either (now very) long-shot prospects.

BTW, a paper published last year indicates:
    "average number of acquaintances separating any two people in the United States was 4.37,and that the number separating any two people in the world was 4.74."

And looking back, there are technically four degrees between Bob Dylan and my sweetie, and the same as with Susan T. In my excitement I had short-circuited a brother link, and considered the Bob Dylan Band a single entity. Ah.. details!

It is moot anyway, as I told all and jinxed it... unless someone here knows how to reach Derek Trucks..??!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Poodles - also a bit north of me (so between us) - Rory Block playing at the River Club in Scituate on Sat. Nov 10. A great little spot, intimate like the Narrows in Fall River. Wouldn't be too far from you - $20. tix...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Poodles - also a bit north of me (so between us) - Rory Block playing at the River Club in Scituate on Sat. Nov 10. A great little spot...
    Been there for Brother Sun (late September), with Pat Wictor, notable dobro player - I had a chat with him! There are crowd-funding their upcoming CD (on indiegogo).
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; October 22nd, 2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote coding

Post Thanks / Like

Poodlesrule! I was there at the Brother Sun show - we coulda had a Fretter meet up! Great show by the way - I had seen Pat Wictor about 1 1/2 years ago at a coffee house here in Plymouth and was really impressed. If you go to Rory Block, let me know and we can say hello!

Ted